PB Swiss Screwdrivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grabbed these for a good price at Hoffman. 6 slotted 1-6 and 2 Phillips 1-2. I have some of the "Swiss Grip" handles but they are hard to keep clean, these a workshop drivers with tough composite handles.
These are a comfortable grip that is easy to clean and resistant to most chemicals and fluids. All are HRC 61 and every blade has an individual serial number., from that they can tall you everything about the steel, its hardness and everything about its manufacture.

Are those a little bit of a soft grip, or are they super hard plastic ?

The texture makes me think they might be a firm soft grip.

those won't do you a bit of good, better send them to me! hah
grin.gif

enjoy my friend that is a nice looking set..

what is the PB for? so i may learn

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
These are a hard composite but feel nice in the hand, the soft touch are the "Swiss grip" and are harder to keep clean.

That material looks familiar; I've seen it on something else.

It's real real grippy and you can sink your fingernail into it a little bit, correct ?

Now I remember! It's that rubbery stuff they put on rough service lightbulbs!

lamp-125-130v-100w.jpg

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
If they're more than 99 cents each, I wouldn't be interested.

LOL really? Why's that?

Because they're more than 99 cents.

Is the price a big fretting secret?

We use this one in Work, along with Wera.

The PB are incredible durable and long lasting, even in Industrial use in my company with hundreds of screws per day they last many years.
If you use them as a hobymechanic only occasional, i bet they will serve your grandchildren.

But one big word of caution:
The long time quality came at a price, the blades are very hard, almost britle. Dont even think about to use them like a braker bar as you do occasional with all other screwdrivers! Doing so with a PB swiss the blade will snap! An never give them to a person that dont now this.

Keep this in mind and use them only as screwdrivers and they last.

Originally Posted By: ChristianReske

But one big word of caution:
The long time quality came at a price, the blades are very hard, almost britle.
Doing so with a PB swiss the blade will snap!

What kind of warranty do they have? Obviously nothing if they are misused?

Nice. I still haven't found a nicer #3 than Snap-On, though. Expensive, but seems like the #3 is what you need to grip the most and the Snap-On has the grippy handle and blade. Old Volkswagen door screws come to mind when you need a really good #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back