Possible Military Coup in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Wow. I thought Turkey was a rather sable country? Are they in NATO?

Yes they are NATO member......plus they have american military bases all over the country....

Woohoo! More war and political discourse, just what everyone needs.
39.gif
thumbsup2.gif

You don't want this country joining the European union..if you ever visit Turkey be extremely careful and if you have blonde haired sons or daughters avoid going altogether

The insurgents want to return to the secular government (Erdogan isn't secular at all), that's a ggod thing as I really don't need a Sunni nation in Nato or the EU.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Shots are being fired in Istanbul and tanks are moving in. Very sad.

I see this as stop to islamization of the population....and that is not "so sad".....

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N

I see this as stop to islamization of the population....and that is not "so sad".....

The immediate ramification of what is happening in Turkey will effect Slovenia faster then me. I don't understand why you do know Erdoğan has taken extreme steps to take Islam out of politics in Turkey.

Islam is such a red herring. I remember growing up not hearing anything about Islam, teen years, nothing about islam. 20s, nothing about Islam now it suddenly wants to "take over the world", whatever that means, with what has to be the absolute worst PR campaign ever lol

[censored]....
frown.gif

VERY HUGE!! #BreakingNews Reuters: Military coup leader in #Turkey surrenders himself to the security forces..

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N

What are you talking about???

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Islam is such a red herring. I remember growing up not hearing anything about Islam, teen years, nothing about islam. 20s, nothing about Islam now it suddenly wants to "take over the world", whatever that means, with what has to be the absolute worst PR campaign ever lol
It is called keeping the little people stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back