Peak Synthetic Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any information good or bad on Peak 5w20 Synthetic Blend. I have been using a product in bulk and debating switching.

Is Peak Motor Oil, Specific the Synthetic Blend any good,?

I believe it is a Warren product. I have used the dino oil many times and was happy with it. I am sure the syn blend is great too.

Thanks for the heads up. I was and still am using a Lyden Pro Guard Synthetic blend for the last 6 years but the Lyden oil has not come down in pricing at all and several suppliers have very appealing price differences, yes I know you get what you pay for, but I would like to offer and keep a decent product

Specific Gravity @ 60 °F (ASTM D-4052) 0.8614
Viscosity
‘@ 40 °C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 49.68
‘@ 100 °C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 8.55
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270) 150
Pour Point -46c
Flash Point (ASTM D-92) 206°C
Noack Volatility % 14.2

LYDEN PROGUARD SYNTHETIC BLEND PCMO

Viscosity @100 Deg. C, cSt 8.7
6600 cP max @ Deg C -35
Viscosity Index 150 Sp. Gravity 0.863
Flash, COC, °F 400
Pour Pt., °C (min) -39

Last edited:
Well how much is it and where? For the right price I'd buy it. Hopefully, it's not more than $3/quart.

You won't have any problems with PEAK. Is it akin to any of the 'high-end' oils? Probably not. Is it perfectly serviceable and does it meet the required API SN/ILSAC GF-5 certifications? Yes. So if that's all you need...

Quote:
PEAK® SYNTHETIC BLEND MOTOR OIL is recommended for use in all gasoline engines (including
turbocharged), in passenger cars, light-duty trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles. PEAK®
SYNTHETIC BLEND MOTOR OIL SAE 5W-20, 5W-30 AND 10W-30 exceed the demanding
requirements of the International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC)
GF-5. GF-5 is the latest standard for passenger car, van, light-duty truck and sport utility engine
oils. It also exceeds API SN Service Classification requirements. Always consult your owner’s
manual for correct viscosity choice and API Service Classification requirements.

Allan another possibility is the Dexos approved oil by Coastal. With PSC (Petroleum Service Company) being close to you this may well be a good option. Look up PSC. May give you some good options.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Allan another possibility is the Dexos approved oil by Coastal. With PSC (Petroleum Service Company) being close to you this may well be a good option. Look up PSC. May give you some good options.

+1 Either or would be good oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back