Continental vs. Pirelli UHP all-seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had P7's on my previous Cruze Eco- they were excellent all around (except ice) and I highly recommend them for your car. Much more fun to drive tire than the stock Fuel Max's.

Or, I went in a totally different direction. Given how many miles I still drive, a longer-wearing tire was opted for. With all the rebates being thrown at them and the consensus around here that they're pretty darned good, a set of Cooper CS5 Ultra Tourings in 215/55-17 94V were purchased. I'm sure they'll be a marked improvement in handling/ride over the OEM-spec Goodyears on the car now.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Or, I went in a totally different direction. Given how many miles I still drive, a longer-wearing tire was opted for. With all the rebates being thrown at them and the consensus around here that they're pretty darned good, a set of Cooper CS5 Ultra Tourings in 215/55-17 94V were purchased. I'm sure they'll be a marked improvement in handling/ride over the OEM-spec Goodyears on the car now.

Looking forward to your review with them on your Cruze. I'd be between the CS5s and P7s if we needed tires today for our Cruze.

Originally Posted By: sciphi

You will not disappointed with Ultra Touring. I had it on my E430, it is very quite on any surface and very good traction on dry road. I had it for almost a year but it was never rain when I drove it so I have no experience with wet suface and no experience with snow.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Also... its a Cruze.. not a wrx, camEro etc.

Sorry everyone, I just can't take this anymore.

CamAro.
There is no E in that word.

Here's a bit of visual aid for you:

yeuuxih6itxxysofzhgg.jpg

Here's a better picture:

1969-Super-Yenko-Camaro-Fender-Badges.jpg

And a link to where you can get the correct spelling:

Chevrolet Camaro Website

knowing-is-half-the-battlejpg1425907458645.jpeg

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: Rand
Also... its a Cruze.. not a wrx, camEro etc.

Sorry everyone, I just can't take this anymore.

CamAro.
There is no E in that word.

Here's a bit of visual aid for you:

yeuuxih6itxxysofzhgg.jpg

Here's a better picture:

1969-Super-Yenko-Camaro-Fender-Badges.jpg

And a link to where you can get the correct spelling:

Chevrolet Camaro Website

knowing-is-half-the-battlejpg1425907458645.jpeg

BC.

01.gif

I've driven the current tires at 10/10th's of their potential. This chassis is quite a capable handler with a set of decent tires. Nothing wrong with wanting a decent set of tires to let the car show off some of what it's capable of. And to get more enjoyment out of the new pavement they laid on most of my commute.

Out of those two I'd choose the DWS06. Perhaps the PZero All Season Plus if the price was better and it were available. When the All Season plus was first introduced, I noticed or felt that Pirelli wasn't heavily featuring the tire, and it seemed whenever I called Pirelli to check stock/order the tire, many common sizes were on back order. Perhaps there were initial production issues in some sizes but it somewhat deterred me from recommending the tires.

I have the P7 on my Mazda6 (245/45R18 on a 18x8 wheel) and love them; very quiet and smooth. If I do pull the trigger on a new wheel/tire 'summer' setup my three choices are going to be the AS3, DWS06 and the Pirelli PZero All Season Plus and probably in that order.

Think I have had every tire in this tread. Recently on the Cruze RS (235/18)* pulled BFG Comps - fast wearing tire - put on Cont's Contact - happy with them - mainly better on wet roads ... (Main hazard where we live) ...
*plus one size on factory wheels ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back