Out with the old, in with the new F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was time. When even the non-mechanically inclined wife can tell that something isn't right in the engine, it was time to dump the '04 F150. 185,000 miles, 5.4 3V V8, and the phaser rattle and timing chain rattle had become much louder over the last month. Rusted out cab corners, wheel well lips starting to go, paint issues on the hood and noisy rear axle... When the trade in value at the dealer was the same as I was going to get in a private sale (negotiated after settling on the final price of the new truck out the door), it was time to pounce...

The old:
20160524_170521.jpg

And the New:
20160629_171457.jpg

New ride is a 2016 F150 Supercrew XLT 5.5 Box 4x4 with a 2.7L TT V6. 302A, Sport Package, FX4 Offroad Package, 3.55 gearing with electronic rear locker, trailer tow, 36 gallon tank... 37K before TTL and trade in. (MSRP is over 50).

Delivering 19.5 MPG after a few days of mixed City driving - beats the pants off the old 5.4 and 14 MPG in the same driving cycle...

I may be broke, but I've got a smile on my face...

185k, the old 5.4 served you well. Good choice on that new one, its a beauty. That 2.7 is showing up in a few of their vehicles now, so it should be supported for quite some time.

Pretty jealous of that fuel tank too.. My jeep gets like 15mpg (highway 20) with 23 gallon tank. fill ups every couple of days.

Congratulations on the new truck, it's a nice one! The '04 served you well. Won't have to worry about that cab corner rust on the new '16 in 10 years. Hahaha

Originally Posted By: buck91
Torn between trading the truck or not. Do you mind saying your purchase price?

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
New ride is a 2016 F150 Supercrew XLT 5.5 Box 4x4 with a 2.7L TT V6. 302A, Sport Package, FX4 Offroad Package, 3.55 gearing with electronic rear locker, trailer tow, 36 gallon tank... 37K before TTL and trade in. (MSRP is over 50).

Purchase price before trade in, and before TTL, was a hair over 37,000. MSRP was north of 50,000. Dealer price was about $2000 under invoice and then a nice batch of incentives, and walah... Could not find a similarly equipped truck on a dealer lot at a lower price... Even to hit my minimums, Blue Flame, 302A, Trailer Tow, Sport, and 36 Gallon tank, most were higher and didn't have the FX4, E Locker, and I forgot to mention BLIS.

Did not negotiate the trade in until after settling on the price, and the dealer did not try to play any games. Pretty pain free actually...

It is amazing how well the 2.7 moves this truck. Kind of fun to hear the turbo spool up with the window down - can't hear it all with the windows up. Makes up for the V6 buzz versus the V8 rumble
smile.gif

Love the color...congrats and enjoy! Bet it's a good bit peppier than the 5.4 was, too!

If you are OK with cloth seats, there are huge incentives out on the XLT level trucks on the lot... The Lariats and up, not so much!

Gorgeous truck, I really like these new Ford pickups. However, I'm not a fan of the aluminum body. The doors are usually all warped and wavy looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back