PAG OIL RL-897 equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys - changing the AC compressor out on a 2010 Camaro. It calls for compressor PAG oil RL-897 or equivalent.

Does anyone know what the equivalent oil would be? I don't want to risk putting in PAG 46 or 150 that I have on hand unless I can be sure it's an acceptable equivalent. I googled searched and closed I can come is a Mopar part #. The AC Delco bottle wasn't clear on it's specs.

Originally Posted By: Pontual
PAG 62, since it has 62 Cst at 40C. According to Dow brochure in pds...

That's what I saw too and was thinking. I was also concerned about compatibility and finding a 60wt is hard. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Guys - changing the AC compressor out on a 2010 Camaro. It calls for compressor PAG oil RL-897 or equivalent.

Does anyone know what the equivalent oil would be? I don't want to risk putting in PAG 46 or 150 that I have on hand unless I can be sure it's an acceptable equivalent. I googled searched and closed I can come is a Mopar part #. The AC Delco bottle wasn't clear on it's specs.

Toyota supposedly has the RL-897 oil as well, since the Tacoma uses Delphi compressors.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
I looked up 2010 V6 Camaro in my parts lookup and it showed PAG 46.

Thanks! That was what I was going to plan on using. I found a GM part number in the service manual which turns out to be PAG46.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back