Baking cookies in Phoenix - in the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I decided to try baking cookies in the car, because why not? Forecast is 120 degrees today, and in Mesa where I live, it'll be 122. I was too lazy to make the cookie dough, so I bought some refrigerated Nestle cookie dough. I put them in the Trailblazer at 1:08 at 116 degrees.

34qwyut.jpg

1zltzfd.jpg

LOL!

Do you have a meat thermometer? I wonder if you could stick that on the dashboard and record in-vehicle temp too.

Darn I forgot about the thermometer lol. I have a digital one with a probe on a wire, but it's across town at home (at my grandparents right now).

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
LOL, you're going to have a film of vegetable oil on your windshield....

A small price to pay for fresh baked cookies!

Originally Posted By: Al
I am always amazed that people don't crack open their windows as the car bakes in the sun.

There is a twin edge sword regarding that. Most of the real damage done to interiors is a result of UV radiation, not the heat, however the heat does also cause some damage too.

If you roll your windows down too much it will cool off the car but let a LOT of UV into the interior which will destroy it quicker overall.

I am always amazed that people don't crack open their windows as the car bakes in the sun.

or some clown throws in a partial cheeseburger on your seat.
(happened to me before)

They shoved it through a 1" crack.

Originally Posted By: Rand

or some clown throws in a partial cheeseburger on your seat.
(happened to me before)

They shoved it through a 1" crack.

You're kidding ?
crazy2.gif

How can anyone do such a thing ? What do they gain by destroying other people's properties ?

If you roll your windows down too much it will cool off the car but let a LOT of UV into the interior which will destroy it quicker overall.

Yea, but I just ment crack them 1" or so. Makes a hue difference...temperature wise anyway.

Temperature is from my Camry after driving 10 miles on the highway. Bringing in the cookies now.

2li7gw1.jpg

24wtvgi.jpg

bgeloz.jpg

A few years ago I went on vacation to this bed bug hotel and after I flew home and put my "germy" luggage in my car (in hefty bags) I felt obligated to roast any bugs out. I already had an extension cord wired for a space heater inside so I hooked that up and idled the car for 3 hours with the heater/defroster on max recirc. A digital thermometer showed a max of 158 degrees or so.

I then left the car parked for a winter month with the windows down hoping some -10'F nights would roll through.

Bed bugs deserve drastic measures.
laugh.gif

There is a twin edge sword regarding that. Most of the real damage done to interiors is a result of UV radiation, not the heat, however the heat does also cause some damage too.

Yep,exactly. Plus where I work is very dusty and dirty,and leaving your windows open the least bit you'll end up with a filthy dusty interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back