supertech dexos

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the supertech 5w30 synthetic still dexos rated? 5 quart jugs and single quarts at my local wal mart no longer have dexos on them. Not sure if its old stock or if they dropped the dexos rating so I figured someone on here would know

I've never seen the Dexos logo on any Supertech... Always made me skeptical.

Pre-Dexos has boron but no moly. Their still on the official GM License List and all the UOA are still showing the plus moly minus boron add pack they went to for Dexos.

PS The Supertech 15W40 Is also on the Detroit Diesel extended drain list. Some of you should give WPP a little credit.

Walmart website doesn't advertise that it is Dexos either. I'm siding on the side of caution and saying that it's not Dexos certified.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Walmart website doesn't advertise that it is Dexos either. I'm siding on the side of caution and saying that it's not Dexos certified.

The problem is GM licenses it.

Call or email WPP if you want confirmation. Unlke most of the majors they are usually very forthcoming with info.

Last edited:
The ST synthetic 5w-30 jugs and bottles at my local WM have the Dexos logo. Maybe you are just seeing older stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back