My Sebring Jx convertible was stolen this am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Security cameras got the two cars involved in the heist but those were stolen too. Bought it new twenty years ago....

Bummer, sorry to hear. Sadly, insurance will pay pennies on your well maintained older car.....

Why would anyone steal a Sebring? It would be like someone stealing my cavalier...not exactly an exciting choice...

Sorry...that really sucks!!
frown.gif

Some people are just scum.

And I agree with Dave, who would steal a Chrysler Sebring!?

Did you leave the keys in the ignition? My best friend had his truck stolen and he took it as a shock that someone would steal his truck at night with the keys in the ignition. The officer told them it was more then likely people going around from car to car looking to steal valuables and seen the keys but he thinks it was a group of labourers who worked on his house a few weeks before that. He told them they could use it to move supplies as they only had a car.

I am sorry to hear your vehicle was stolen tho. Word of advice I would just claim insurance. Police in Texas ended up finding the truck striped down near the Mexico border.

Last edited:
When I was real young my Mom was kidnapped with her own car and left in the country. When my parents got the car back no one checked it out and it had apparently been run hard with no oil. The motor blew a few days later. RIP 1970 Monte Carlo, Mom was unharmed...

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
Its been recovered. Some damage. Get it back tomorrow. It was used in at least one robbery.

Wow! Thieves like the wind in their hair!

Was it moose & squirrel?
laugh.gif

i088034.jpg

Its been recovered. Some damage. Get it back tomorrow. It was used in at least one robbery.

They probably needed money for a fix.

Originally Posted By: cjcride

They probably needed money for a fix.

Glad you got it back, hope it's not badly damaged.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Did you leave the keys in the ignition? My best friend had his truck stolen and he took it as a shock that someone would steal his truck at night with the keys in the ignition. The officer told them it was more then likely people going around from car to car looking to steal valuables and seen the keys but he thinks it was a group of labourers who worked on his house a few weeks before that. He told them they could use it to move supplies as they only had a car.

I am sorry to hear your vehicle was stolen tho. Word of advice I would just claim insurance. Police in Texas ended up finding the truck striped down near the Mexico border.

Chrysler keys in that era were all very similar. I have taken the key for my Cherokee in either unlocked doors or turned ignitions on various Chrysler products in the junkyard. You probably only need 10 or 11 different Chrysler keys to unlock and start almost any Chrysler product from the 90s / early 00s.

Quote:
Chrysler keys in that era were all very similar. I have taken the key for my Cherokee in either unlocked doors or turned ignitions on various Chrysler products in the junkyard. You probably only need 10 or 11 different Chrysler keys to unlock and start almost any Chrysler product from the 90s / early 00s.

So true. Back when I was junk yarding, I carried a ring of about 30 keys, I could open just about any mopar door/trunk in the lot.

Yup, my grandma had a 1994 Dodge Caravan and then bought a brand new 2006 Dodge Caravan. It was only about a month old when she used the old key to start it, not paying attention. The first time it made the A/C and radio not work with the old key. Every other time after that everything worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back