Ford 6F35/Fluid level

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Ford get the correct ATF level for the Ford 6F35 Transmission.There is no dipstick and there is no inner plastic overflow tube like the VW DSG.I know transmission temp plays a part but the correct level is another thing.Thanks Joe

My friend just got a 2013 Escape 1.6L EcoBoost with the 6F35 transmission. I was poking around under the hood & saw some kind of funnel/tube with a cap on it for the transmission fluid, stating to use Mercon LV. If I removed this cap - which would be hard to do due to space -, I figured perhaps there would be a dipstick built into the cap. That's about as much as I know for 6F35s.

I would imagine they want you to take it to the dealer who has a device which reads temperature and tells them when it's at the proper level.

I also have a 2016 Escape with the 6F35 and I plan on draining it cold and replacing exactly what comes out....this way I should have the proper amount (assuming it wasn't overfilled/underfilled at the factory). I used this method on my 2011 Cruze which had a similar transmission (the GM/Ford joint venture unit) and it seemed to work well.

There is a plug near the left axle shaft that needs to be removed with the vehicle at operating temperature, idling in park, the fluid level should be at the bottom of the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back