Pennzoil Plat HM vs M1 HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be doing an OC on the Accord and would like to get some opinions on PPPP HM 5W20 since there's a rebate going on. How does it compare to M1 HM? I know M1 HM has a pretty stout additive package. Does the SN rating (versus M1's SL) make a significant difference in the oil's performance? I usually do 6500-7500 mile runs and will be using a Fram TG filter.

Last edited:
why run a GTL paraffin when you can run an olefin. M1 0w20 EP for 8-10K? Im making the jump from "who knows what" Subaru dealer bulk(PEAK actually) to M1 for a longer interval. I want to do 3 oci per year instead of 4 on the forester since the wife drives about 24K miles per year.

Last edited:
If it were my Accord, I would go with whichever oil is on sale. Honda engines are particular about certain things, but oil is not one of them. Pair whichever 20 grade oil you choose with a Fram TG7317 and go be a family man.

Pennzoil is on a $2/qt rebate for the rest of the year. Mobil 1 just ended theirs on May 31st. Though, it shouldn't be too long before that comes back again.

Ended up getting the Pennzoil because of the rebate. Am excited to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back