Oil and filter for this old DSM eagle talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a 91 eagle talon none turbo. 5 speed. 250k miles. reason bought not because its realy dirt cheap, its because look like my first cars and I coulnt pass it up, engine run good, no smoke at all. 5 speed shift good.

I want to know what oil weight and filter should I use ? and for the transmission what type of fluid should I use ? ( I dont want open another thread on the transmission section for just 1 quick question, might as well ask it here at once ), thank you.

That many miles, I'd start with Delo400 15W-40 and see how it does... If it seems to be a bit off or weeps and seeps, maybe Maxlife synblend (red bottle) 10W-40 ...

5-Speed - Always use Redline MTL. Makes all other stick shift oils look Henry Ford used them in the Model A. Shifts slick as can be, and can't be beat for durability.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
That many miles, I'd start with Delo400 15W-40 and see how it does... If it seems to be a bit off or weeps and seeps, maybe Maxlife synblend (red bottle) 10W-40 ...

5-Speed - Always use Redline MTL. Makes all other stick shift oils look Henry Ford used them in the Model A. Shifts slick as can be, and can't be beat for durability.

i try that, I remember back then I did alot of redline oil stuff relate to my eclipse gsx. ok thank you guys.

Congrats on your DSM.
I had a 90' Eclipe GS-T (turbo version of your 4G63) - that I ran on Castrol GTX 10W30 and A/C Delco filters back in 2002-2004 . Redline fluid helped with the notchy trans I had.
One day I'll find another one. Mine was totalled in 2004 - Rear ended while at a stop light.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Congrats on your DSM.
I had a 90' Eclipe GS-T (turbo version of your 4G63) - that I ran on Castrol GTX 10W30 and A/C Delco filters back in 2002-2004 . Redline fluid helped with the notchy trans I had.
One day I'll find another one. Mine was totalled in 2004 - Rear ended while at a stop light.

thanks , its been almost 10 years since I own another dsm. preview had 97 eclipse rs, 94 eclipse gs, and my very last one was 95 eagle talon tsi awd turbo, total it twice and never look back, now I just want get back into it just for old memory
smile.gif

Last edited:
I had a 91 talon tsi awd. That thing was awesome. Sold it in 2006. I ran valvoline white bottle. Clearly that was before I found bitog!!!

I look at them all the time on eBay and would love to find another worth buying.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
now I just want get back into it just for old memory
smile.gif

grin.gif
- that's awesome
thumbsup2.gif

I have lots of fond memories of mine.
Best $650 I ever spent on a car.

Ex gf of mine had a beautiful (92-94,can't remember) red Eagle Talon n/a. She BABIED that car,it was in stone mint condition. She traded it in on a V6 Mustang,oh lord,why?? I'd LOVE to have that car,I should've bought it from her.

The TSI awd turbo models were insane!!

I'd probably run Pennzoil high mileage 10W30 in yours MetalSlug. Or maybe M1 10W30 high mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back