98 toyota corolla do injectors clean the valves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. car in question, is 98 corolla CE sedan 4 door model. Icant nothing online, regarding how the fuel injection and valves are set up, other than its EFI ( electronic fuel injected).
My question is...Do the valves gt cleaned with gas,spraying allover the base and top and stem of the valves? Or are they set up so only the bottom base gets sprayed cleaned?

I only recently found about this GDI intake system recently. IM just a do it yourself mechanic, so to speak. BUt love n like learning automechanics:)
the car, has 84,000 miles on it. Never cleaned the intake, or throttle body. It was my dads car. He used too go too jiffy lube places. I aquired the car, few years ago, and have cleaned it up since...under the oil fill cap, oil was baked on. IGT was burning oil, about 75% a quart in 700 miles. I have done 4,000 mile oil changes since, better filters, and now the car burns only like 25% a quart in 4,000 miles. not bad! Last year, i did the transmission fluid. it was GREY and BLACK coming out. i didnt do the filter, i pulled the return line, turned car on, ran till it sputtered, truned it off, refilled with new fluid, same amount that came out. and the differential too.
The point...i am assuming the intake may or must be a mess! I do have a new gasket, felpro, but waiting to get some mroe money together, too get new or irngs and fuel injector cushions, autozone, as long as the fuel rail is guna be off.
I do run MMO in winter 6 months, and tcw3 3 ozs for 10 gallons, every fill up, shell 87 TT fuel. so....perhaps im better off running seafoam or B12 , spray into into the throttle body as car runs or manifold vaccum line? tan go through the removal of the manifold itself, and maybe just too find thiers no carbon buildup? or their might be.. why i started this post. i would assume the valves are clean then, from TRAV's answer. but the intake i dunno.

By I a cheap USB borescope off eBay and inspect it without pulling it to bits, then you can be sure you're only doing what you need to.

It doesn't have GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) it has PFI (Port Fuel Injection that uses Denso (probably blue ones) disc style injectors.
Its normal for the intake to get dirty looking from PCV gasses but that will not cause the sort of buildup found on GDI/DI engines.
Unless it has verified injector issues just clean the throttle body one the car with some CRC throttle body cleaner and throw a bottle of Redline SI1, Techron total fuel system cleaner or Gumout High Milage in the tank and leave the thing in peace.
Throw a new PCV valve at it for good measure.

Listen to Trav; he is the guy who actually services injector for living. If he is telling you to leave them alone, you should follow his advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back