Tec Select T 48 CUT OPEN, 4,600~

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was off of a 2011 Chrysler 200 for roughly 4,600 miles. Not impressed seeing as how it's made August 4th 2015 line B and 1st shift. PYB and a tough guard went in and on.

95pt06.jpg

21cs1f9.jpg

23k7zmb.jpg

2rc5sb6.jpg

24ov7lt.jpg

24q3a6o.jpg

2yo3d6o.jpg

Guess louvered center tubes really don't help prevent tearing media.

Not sure if louvers help stop some of the tearing but im pretty sure they help slowing down the oil flow or at least put filters in bypass especially when cold.. Sorry im against the louvers but i was against the ultra at one time also.

So, in laymans terms: Purolator has NOT fixed the tearing problem as of 2015; have they fixed it for 2016? Me says no. I have a ProMotive off a Chevy cargo van to cut that's 2015 production. Stay tuned.

People are dreaming if they think Tearolator has earned back their previous reputation of quality.

Or maybe these didn't get the new paint job, er, um, "redesign"?

Im not dreaming i won't be using them again unless there are real changes sort of like Fram with the ultra which is my go to filter these days..
This is another reason i want to switch from Motorcraft (purolater) to the ultra filter but on two vehicles both Grand Marquis space is very limited and the ultra is slightly longer Although the ultra has more mounting threads which is a plus.
As usual thank you car51 for another nice cut and post.

You guys are welcome and I am using FRAM ultra now and have 2 cases of Baldwins to use. Purolator: tears now, bigger tears later!"

Originally Posted By: car51
So, in laymans terms: Purolator has NOT fixed the tearing problem as of 2015; have they fixed it for 2016? Me says no. I have a ProMotive off a Chevy cargo van to cut that's 2015 production. Stay tuned.
Low end filters

car51 - you have the goods on Purolator. Purolator has not fixed the media tearing problem as of Aug 4, 2015 for this series of filters.

Thanks for the cut and post. What a fantastic job.

I am amazed that Purolator would not want to fix this stuff ASAP. I am shaking my head.

Could it be that Mann-Hummel is driving Purolator into the ground?

I don't understand why Purolator can't (won't) fix this tearing issue. I think the problem has to do with the wide pleat spacing which is disgraceful considering the cheap Chinese Driveworks filter has nice even spacing. No more Purolaters for me...

I don't understand why Purolator can't (won't) fix this tearing issue. I think the problem has to do with the wide pleat spacing which is disgraceful considering the cheap Chinese Driveworks filter has nice even spacing. No more Purolaters for me...

Originally Posted By: car51
You guys are welcome and I am using FRAM ultra now and have 2 cases of Baldwins to use. Purolator: tears now, bigger tears later!"

thumbsup2.gif
Good choice of filters ... no worries with FRAM Ultra and Baldwin filters.

And thank you for the C&P.

Originally Posted By: pbm

Yeah, the recent C&P of a Driveworks filter looked great, didn't it.

Gang: you are welcome. I have 0 or ZERO faith in Purolator. Brother on other hand likes pure 1 filters. Said he got some more M1 filters so I said "scrap the tearolator junk"

All these different named filters you get to see. In my travels through life, no one in my family, or anyone I know or talk to even casually about car maintenance, does their own oil changes, except for me. Some people have Toyotas with high mileage and they only go to the dealer. They have no idea what kind of oil filters are being used. They know a car has oil, but it's filtered too? My daughter will always think it's funny when I mention an oil filter brand. She doesn't put any value on it at all. In some way it's too bad as many people are getting the lowest cost generic filter the shop they go to can find. I guess there was no point. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back