Any idea what this noise might have been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visited my son, he lives in hilly country , house on a steep hill, straight up paved driveway. when you get near the top you turn hard left to his 3 car garage and go forward about 2 car lengths rising another ft or two. Park the car.
To leave, (here is where the noise is), you back straight up the 2 car lengths, then turn the back of the car uphill about 1 car length, uphill is about 3 ft rise, then point the front end downhill and drive down the driveway.
both two times I did this , after backing up to leave, and turning the front of the car downhill and driving forward about 10 ft I got a noise from the front of the car, the noise sounded like I had run over a 1 inch diameter iron pipe. It did this both the two times I visited.
I have a 99 maxima 165000 miles.
motor mounts? springs?

Last edited:
It could be so many things. Someone would have to listen close while you drive. I had a strange noise coming from the rear once and it turned out to be a broken bolt inside the rear-toe-adjustment cam. I had to get a new OEM cam (the broken-bolt piece wouldn't come out) and a new bolt.

good question, will check on my next trip.
Car has been fine on level interstate driving, and on other mild hills . can it be anything with the struts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back