Bosch Distance Plus 3325 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used 5K miles over about 10 months. I was pretty impressed by the ADBV setup on this one. No neck on the end cap, the ADBV is the neck, and done right so there is a space to open into. The ADBV has three nubs to center the valve over the thread precisely, nice detail. I don't know the date but it was pretty old. Nothing bad to report. The other new filter in picture is a ST4386, same equiv. size, showing the difference in length of media. Not judging, just showing. The can thickness is .017-.018 in on the D+. Pics sort of messed up in order.

DSCN2097_zpstpnxqduj.jpg

DSCN2101_zps4gilsulo.jpg

DSCN2103_zpsj07bdfsi.jpg

DSCN2104_zpszpwcvzwg.jpg

DSCN2098_zpsj1k3u1ay.jpg

DSCN2099_zpsvuufr3ou.jpg

DSCN2100_zpslztilurp.jpg

DSCN2093_zps8wkmrq2t.jpg

DSCN2094_zpsccdoalbf.jpg

DSCN2095_zpsbpambgxn.jpg

DSCN2096_zps3zi06vcb.jpg

Goodtimes - nice cut and post. This one illustrates how much media space is given up to implement the combo valve. The D+ looks dapper. Thanks.

Nice looking filter. Always liked this filter.

Thanks

UD

Unsurprising result. BD+ a stout filter, thicker can, and greater holding capacity, extended oci filter. Ran and posted D3323 13.5k miles over two ocis, second posted recently 7200 miles, and now running last of my stash on same Accord I've run them all.

But I got all three for about what one runs at WM now. At this point there are other extended oci filters that are a better value.

Thanks for pics.

Quote:
....Nice filter, but when did Bosch start using 45rpm record adapters on the top of the filter cartridge?

Not long after they became half owner or Purolator US back in 2006 and switched from Champ made to Puro made.

Flat spring works as designed, another member did a practical test recently proving it.

Good looking filter.

I've been using these lately on a couple of applications.

Can't wait to catch them on sale again.

Whats Bosch say these are good to mileage wise?

I know its good quality media, but I dont think the media is wire/mesh backed.

I would think in anything over 10K you'd want wire/ mesh backing.

UD

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Whats Bosch say these are good to mileage wise?

I know its good quality media, but I dont think the media is wire/mesh backed.

I would think in anything over 10K you'd want wire/ mesh backing.

UD

They say 29.1 grams, don't know if it is rated miles. It is a cellulose filter rated 99.9%@40 microns efficiency. I doubt if I will ever buy one again, no need to. This one I had since about 2010, last one. Some Bosch Premiums were on the tear list I believe, and they haven't said anything about changing them. I am staying away from the whole line. I do like the ADBV on this model, think it is better than Fram. The seal would be better I think, from an average man's analysis of how it sits on the baseplate. Frams sort of lay on a dome, and the inlet holes at the sealing lip seem mighty close to the edge of the lip. This one slightly presses on a smooth surface and the holes are well inboard.

Grams was all I could find vs miles. Im sure it will hold what they claim, as its got a nice large filtering area.

I just don't trust non backed media over 10K - that can leads to tears in any filter. the heat and pressure push the media around over time and as the filter fills up.

UD

They told me (a while back) that they were only good for 3000 miles. My question had been regarding my Cummins, it is rated 10K by Dodge for non-severe service, but Purolator said the DP couldn't do it. That was roughly the time that all the Classics started showing up with the media torn...

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
They told me (a while back) that they were only good for 3000 miles. My question had been regarding my Cummins, it is rated 10K by Dodge for non-severe service, but Purolator said the DP couldn't do it. That was roughly the time that all the Classics started showing up with the media torn...

If a filter manufacturer can't make an oil filter to meet the OEMs oil filter change interval, then they better get out of the oil filter design and manufacturing business.

Quote:
They told me (a while back) that they were only good for 3000 miles.....

As with much of the information out of the reps working the M&H PRO posted over time here, that is inaccurate.

Been several threads where they couldn't even interpret the written filter warranty, one where a higher up had to correct the information. This is just another example.

Some reps even said filter only warrantied depending on the oil type run, synthetic vs conventional.
crazy.gif

So another inaccurate but unsurprising answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back