When to change my oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dart has right at 5500 miles on this oil change the olm is at 30%
I am running 5w40 synpower . Would you run the olm down to 0? Just wondering what you would do .

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I am running 5w40 synpower . Would you run the olm down to 0? Just wondering what you would do .

Factory fill?

Oil is cheap , get it outta there.

Synpower? Run it down to zero. That olm is calibrated for conventional, why even consider changing it early with a synthetic fill?

Originally Posted By: SumpChump

Factory fill?

Oil is cheap , get it outta there.

I agree with you but since he says he's running Synpower 5w40 I'm assuming he has already changed the FF.

I used to change FF at 800 to 1200 miles but now go as much as 3K (because I do believe machining techniques have gotten better hence less break-in debris).

My new car regimen is now...FF out at 2 to 3K...next fill out 4 to 5K later...after that 5 to 8K OCI's depending on usage, OLM, syn. or dino etc...

Yes, unless you know the OLM to be inaccurate.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Synpower? Run it down to zero. That olm is calibrated for conventional, why even consider changing it early with a synthetic fill?

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: zeng
Originally Posted By: dishdude

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Yes..

I don't think your engine is turbo and/or direct injection, if it is, change now.

If it's not, run the OLM until it tells you to change, no harm done.

Everywhere else the engine takes 5w40. It sound better feels better and is happier on 5w40 yes I asked her myself
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back