3 oil changes in series report

Status
Not open for further replies.
called the dealer today and asked the service mgr what he thought ,he is sending the report to Acura engineering...This may be normal or maybe we have a leak like the Blackstone guy suggests ?
I looked over the intake and saw no issues,even put in a fresh wix filter 2 changes ago..same deal

Even though the Alum is a little higher than normal for a Honda, it is still well within the acceptable range of 30PPM. Silicon?

Last edited:
Maybe dumb question... But are you doing the oil change yourself or is the dealer?

If not yourself, is it possible whoever is doing the changes is removing the air filter to check for an upsell?

I'm not sure which Honda you have(wasn't mentioned), but many of them have awkward air filter housings to remove without removing the whole duct up to the throttle body, at risk of dumping dust/dirt/whatever is around the ducting directly into the TB or on top of the (clean side) air filter.

at 33K I started doing my own oil changes and ran my first oil analysis
I also at the second oil change added a fresh WIX Air filter to the car in case we did have a leak...
All my oil changes we with M1 and WIX oil filters..

I am having the report looked at by Acura Engineers,the car is an
Acura ILX ,it says on report upper top right corner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back