Husqvarna riding mower YTH2046

Status
Not open for further replies.
So two questions here:

1) The 4 wheels on the actual mower deck, are they just for anti-scalping, or do they ride on the lawn all the time and control cutting height?

2) When I lift or lower the mower deck via the hand operated lever, it does not raise or lower the deck as a flat surface, but rather changes the angle of the mowing deck. Is this normal?

I think this is the operators manual for your machine.

Guide wheels are for anti-scalping and should not ride on the lawn all the time.

This manual describes the necessary deck levelling adjustment technique.

I do not believe this is the manual for my mower as its for a YTH20K46. Mine does not have a K in the model. My dash is different as are the pieces that hold the deck to the mower.

Don, the deck should go up and down level while in the 1-2-3-4,etc.. height range on the up/down lever. If it doesn't, I'm thinking you have some linkages out of adjustment.

You are correct with your anti-scalp statement. These decks are not designed to ride the ground. So common for people to not understand this and trash the deck and entire machine.

My FIL destroyed the Cub 2544 garden tractor I gave him for this very reason. Deck and all associated hardware anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back