Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 be good for 1 year in the Tundra listed in my signature. My powertrain warranty will expire soon, so I plan to go to longer oil change intervals. This truck has an 8 quart sump and does not get pushed hard at all. I occasionally tow 5,000 pounds but not on a regular basis and haul a 800 pound atv in the back sometimes. I drive it between 7 and 8 thousand miles a year.

I have a trusted mechanic that charges $10, plus the oil and filter for an oil change. With the skid plate removal and the messy cartridge filter on this thing, it's worth it to me.

How many miles do you drive in a year?

Toyota says 10k with synthetic is perfectly OK, and AFE is one of the best. However, PP is on sale and a rebate, making it just $3/qt, and is every bit as good as the M1.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
How many miles do you drive in a year?

Toyota says 10k with synthetic is perfectly OK, and AFE is one of the best. However, PP is on sale and a rebate, making it just $3/qt, and is every bit as good as the M1.

Between 7 and 8 thousand a year.

I have been using 0-20AFE for several years and find it to be outstanding. You will be fine for one year.

The dealer uses Castrol Syntec 0W-20 and is about $20 cheaper but honestly, dealer oil changes scare me. I have not found anything wrong but I'm skeptical anytime I can't see what they are doing...or not doing in this case.

I may just wrestle with the skid plate and cartridge filter and do it myself. At least I will know what I put in the engine and I will know the filter was changed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: klt1986
Would Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 be good for 1 year in the Tundra listed in my signature. My powertrain warranty will expire soon, so I plan to go to longer oil change intervals. This truck has an 8 quart sump and does not get pushed hard at all. I occasionally tow 5,000 pounds but not on a regular basis and haul a 800 pound atv in the back sometimes. I drive it between 7 and 8 thousand miles a year.

I have a trusted mechanic that charges $10, plus the oil and filter for an oil change. With the skid plate removal and the messy cartridge filter on this thing, it's worth it to me.

Get a good synthetic oil and a reasonable oil filter for 1 year OCI.

Mobil 1 0W20 is as good as any synthetic oil you can buy on a shelf at Walmart or other auto parts stores.

Latest MSDS as of 02/2020 shows this oil is back to being 40% PAO. Not that it matters.

Originally Posted by buster
Latest MSDS as of 02/2020 shows this oil is back to being 40% PAO. Not that it matters.

What is up with all the necroposting on BITOG as of late???

Originally Posted by Ignatius
Originally Posted by buster

What is up with all the necroposting on BITOG as of late???

Why start a new post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back