MC FL-910S CUT OPEN, 2013 Fiesta

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this MC FL-910S is off a 2013 Ford Fiesta of a friends. Was put on at a dealer near me 6,xxx ago with MC 5w20 blend. Looks ok to me and steel center tube now has louvers I see
smile.gif

vpkfpt.jpg

2ksq9.jpg

uttfo.jpg

2ak9yxv.jpg

35m1401.jpg

15y65aw.jpg

2lsh2yg.jpg

kedk49.jpg

og9obr.jpg

Very similar, if not identical to, a PL10241. Most likely made December 22, 2015.

What did you replace it with, and what is your intended OCI?

Looks real good to me at 6k miles, louvers and all.
laugh.gif
Thinking Fiesta engine pretty clean at this point based on the pics.

While perhaps similar to the PL10241 in some ways (centertube design now, silicone adbv), the topic filter uses thread end bypass, Puro uses dome end. Just as information, not recommendation. Frankly either bypass set up works for me.

Thanks for c&p.

Gang: I put in some PP 5w30 and a tough guard 3614 and said to him "go to 7,500 miles". So that's the plan for him and his new car. He does 70/30% highway to city driving. Car has 32,560 miles on it now. He bought it with 30,000

Didn't notice any tears - that seemed to be a thing for a while.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
laugh.gif

While perhaps similar to the PL10241 in some ways (centertube design now, silicone adbv), the topic filter uses thread end bypass, Puro uses dome end. Just as information, not recommendation. Frankly either bypass set up works for me.

Thanks for c&p.

The 1.6L non-turbo engine is port injected and uses a timing belt so it's pretty easy on oil!

I use the FL910 on my Focus and do 10K OCIs. The filters I have cut opened always looked fine.

Looks great like all the 910s I've used and cut before.
One of my fav oil filters.
Thanks for the cut and post car51 !
thumbsup2.gif

Looks good! Pretty standard for an FL910s, IMHO, except for the new louvered center tube.

Doesn't seem to have suffered for it. I agree about the oil looking like it could have gone longer.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
laugh.gif

Thanks for c&p.

+1

Filter looks good ... As always, thank you for the C&P, car51.
smile.gif

I see Motorcraft went with the louvers my next filter for all the fords in my life will be the ultra unless i hear startup noise.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I see Motorcraft went with the louvers my next filter for all the fords in my life will be the ultra unless i hear startup noise.

And louvers are a problem, how?

Originally Posted By: car51
They aren't a problem in my book as long as they are punched out properly.

Wouldn't that be the case with any shape of hole?

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: car51
They aren't a problem in my book as long as they are punched out properly.

Wouldn't that be the case with any shape of hole?

Think car51 was referring to louvers. If they are not formed right, they could barely be opened up (I've seen some instances) which might cause some significant delta-p across the filter.

Originally Posted By: tig1
....And louvers are a problem, how?

Source the comment and see this recent thread for reference. That being one of many repetitious comments, many including me see it now as beating a dead horse.

So to answer your question, no problem with louvers.

And to put it on the topic MC filter, no problem with the louvers here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back