Removing plasti dip from wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if IRon X would work? Checked online seems some say goo gone.. I have aluminum clear coat wheels.. So dont want to use brake cleaner spray (as some ppl do). Open to ideas, thx
smile.gif

I plasti-dipped the wheels on my VW and it peeled right off with my thumb. I'd pressure wash it though.

Goo Gone, Goof Off or WD-40 works. Next time use 1 can per wheel, throw in a 5th can & divide it evenly among the wheels if they're 19"+. They'll peel right off in one piece if you do it correctly.

Get some Bug & Tar spray and head to the car wash. Hose down the wheels with the B&T, then hit them with the high pressure water and a brush if you have one handy.

You'll probably have to do that a few times for each wheel to get everything off, but it's the most straightforward and least labor-intensive approach I have found to removing Plasti-Dip from odd shaped items which don't lend themselves to having it peeled off very well.

Plus, when you're done, you don't have to worry about any residue or cling-ons, everything should be nice, shiny, and clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back