Hybrid Heat Pump and Oil Furnace Combo- Winter Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this combo setup last week.
It uses a Wi-Fi thermostat.
My question is to the east coast guys........

What temp do you set yours out to switch over from heat pump to oil in the winter?
My electric is pretty cheap at 7.9 cents a KWH.

Thanks

When it gets below 35 sustained at night. No need for the emergency heat to kick on.

I'm thinking to add a heat exchanger myself.

How much heating power does yours have, and what's the efficiency?

Didn't think you could use them at those temperatures, figured the evaporator would be solid ice. Good news I suppose, but how hot can you get the water at those temperatures?

Last edited:
What brand/model your system is? These hybrid systems are very clever, they balance the power grid too (consumption tends to go up when temperature goes down).

Both units are the Bryant Preferred series. Bryant also supplies the thermostat.

Originally Posted By: Nebroch
What brand/model your system is? These hybrid systems are very clever, they balance the power grid too (consumption tends to go up when temperature goes down).

The HP is 16 SEER and the furnace is 87% as its oil and not propane. I have propane in another house and I like it better and only if you own your own tank. But this house was setup for oil with the oil tank already in the basement etc., so I just went with oil again.

I did not go crazy with a high Seer on the HP because I did the math and this place is tops on energy efficiency and there would be no payback

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
I'm thinking to add a heat exchanger myself.

How much heating power does yours have, and what's the efficiency?

Didn't think you could use them at those temperatures, figured the evaporator would be solid ice. Good news I suppose, but how hot can you get the water at those temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back