2004 Saturn Ion Kendall 5w30 blend ~7500

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first analysis of oil from the replacement engine, which is also a 2004 model that came out of a Malibu, I think. It supposedly had 40,000 on it.

Oil used was Kendall GT-1 5w30 blend. Don't know why calcium is highlighted.

hBtKoum.jpg

Looks good. I'm sure even SuperTech would be fine if you keep it topped off. Any top off oil added during the run?

Any reason why someone killed a Ecotec.

I love mine.

In a 7000-7500 OCI in a 5qt sump. I use, not quite, 5qt initial fill then end up adding a little here, a little there. It seems to get thirstier in the latter half of the oil change interval. I probably Add a full quart or two....but keep n mnd you can burn through a quart and never be below add, so you BURNED a quart but didn't ADD a drop!

My Cobalt seemed to have been run almost entirely on Firestone changes for 125,000 from day 1(2006) until 2014. I even partook a time or two snce I was worrysome about trying something new (cartridge filters). I think they would run the Kendall hi-mile oil.

It just got plugs and a fuel filter around 125-150k and a stumbling when approaching stops. It wont quit but will act like it wants to........2.2 4spd auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back