What is the best place to buy bumper covers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a new rear bumper cover for my 2008 RAV4 and want to get a pre-painted one. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Bumper covers don't come in color. There are people on ebay who will paint an aftermarket bumper and sell it to you, but then you don't have any way to tell if it will fit OR if it will match.

So, yeah, the junkyard. (And it still might be aftermarket and not really fit!)

The ones from a dealer will be primer. They do not come pre-painted for a few reasons. One is the parts warehouses would have to have stock in each paint code instead of just one part number. Also the pre-painted ones will not match your vehicle due to paint fade.

Originally Posted By: Doog
I am looking for a new rear bumper cover for my 2008 RAV4 and want to get a pre-painted one. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Is your rav4 in near mint condition?

If you want to DIY you could get the black one to closely match your color. Use the plastic primer first after cleaning the plastic. Then get a color matched paint from automotive touchup.com. once you do a few coats, spray some clear coat on it. It won't look factory, but will look better than a black bumper cover.

Originally Posted By: JC1

Is your rav4 in near mint condition?

If you want to DIY you could get the black one to closely match your color. Use the plastic primer first after cleaning the plastic. Then get a color matched paint from automotive touchup.com. once you do a few coats, spray some clear coat on it. It won't look factory, but will look better than a black bumper cover.

No its the "kids car"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back