Musk - We're living in a simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
99.999999% of folks immediately discount bc it defies (our human) common sense. Just like a particle can exist anywhere and everywhere at the same time. Human logic just doesn't work.

35.gif
36.gif

Originally Posted By: Al
99.999999% of folks immediately discount bc it defies (our human) common sense. Just like a particle can exist anywhere and everywhere at the same time. Human logic just doesn't work.

35.gif
36.gif

I think a lot of people can't handle the notion that it could be fake and that our existence (if you can call it that) has been meaningless.

But really, what are we in the greater scheme of things? At the lowest common denominator we are bags of water and a little bit of electricity.

I find it soothing to think that this really could just be a simulation or just one of a billion parallel universes.

I can see how it might be possible that we live in a simulation, but I don't really see why an advanced species would bother creating and hosting it? Seems like a bit of a waste of resources and why simulate down to such mundane detail?
Simcity was fun to play/watch but only from the big overall view.
Or maybe we are some advanced alien's version of a kids grade 6 science project ant colony?

Read some Asimov for a more tangible possible glimpse into the future.

My favorite movie on this subject was "The Thirteenth Floor." It was in theaters about the same time as the original Matrix movie. I liked Thirteenth Floor better, personally.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I still have to go to work though.

yeah that sucks. lol

This simulation [censored] is exclusively the blabberings of the rich. Ask the guy who spent 10 hours in the sun doing roofing for a living how much of a simulation he's working in. THEY are living in a simulation due to the fact they're in a frictionless life.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
This simulation [censored] is exclusively the blabberings of the rich. Ask the guy who spent 10 hours in the sun doing roofing for a living how much of a simulation he's working in. THEY are living in a simulation due to the fact they're in a frictionless life.

that kind of attitude just keeps a man "in his place." are you in your place?

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck

I doubt we'll ever really know if we're in a simulation or not.
But it is the educated that have made most of the major science discoveries, people who have time to sit around and think about abstract ideas, and then the resources to investigate them.
Also you'll find lots of people with "easy" lives worked pretty hard for them and are still willing to push themselves physically in sports as much as any roofer. How many roofers have climbed Everest I wonder?

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
but I don't really see why an advanced species would bother creating and hosting it? Seems like a bit of a waste of resources and why simulate down to such mundane detail?

Unless this simulation is find the good apples that then move onto something better or more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back