Little bit of clutch slip - need opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning (or afternoon) everyone, not sure if I mentioned this here or not but about a month ago I became the owner of a 1994 Mustang GT with the 302. Long story short, I love it. Its my current daily until this winter (which will make me very sad, lol) Anyway, the clutch was (apparently) replaced about 2 months before I purchased with a Spec Stage 1. When purchased, the clutch was extremely strong and felt about as close to a brand new clutch as the father and I could tell. Granted, when I purchased my stick skills were a little weak, and getting used to the stage 1 did take a little bit, but I wasn't overly hard on it by any means. I've noticed that in 4th and 5th, when trying to accelerate that the clutch has begun to slip a little. I've noticed it maybe once or twice in 3rd as well. The previous owner did mention that in his opinion it needed an adjustment. The release is literally at the top of the pedal, so I'm curious if an adjustment would do the trick. I've read a few methods for adjustment, just curious to see if anyone has experience with this vehicle that could comment. Like I said, Spec stage 1 on a Tremec T-5. Thanks!

A little slip will soon become a glazed clutch and eventually a lot of slip. If you can adjust it by all means do so, hopefully it's not too late.

Maybe when they did the new clutch they didn't loosen the quadrant on the firewall. Do the adjustment yesterday not tomorrow.

Last edited:
You can always get a Maximum Motorsports quadrant, adjuster, and cable. For the factory adjustment you lift up on the clutch pedal with your foot.

Doesn't that shorten the cable make it grab even higher? I thought there was some sort of ratchet thing on the OE quadrant that needed to be loosened after putting a new clutch in.
I defer to you as you know these things a lot better than I do.

By the way think "little bit of clutch slip" as being "little bit pregnant".

There is no such thing as "little bit" of clutch slip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back