Where do peanuts come from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they come out of the ground, or do they grow on trees ?
Serious question; I've wondered all my life about this.

I could've just Googled it, but they would've been dishonest.
grin2.gif

Lol the things that go through Merk's head. Like how do seeds work, "do they sprout like a baby chicken coming out of it's shell?"

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Do they come out of the ground, or do they grow on trees ?

Peanuts come from Charles Schulz.

You guys may think I'm pulling your leg, but I'm telling you, I SERIOUSLY don't know where peanuts come from! You guys could answer my question in less than one sentence. . .

They are legumes and grow under ground. When ready to harvest they are plowed up and allowed to dry. They grow them around here in eastern NC.

Rat407, thank you for the answer. I suspected that peanuts grew in the ground, but wasn't sure. I have never heard of the word "legumes" until you mentioned it. Not sure what it means but if I were to guess, I'd say a potatoes might be classified as legumes too.
confused2.gif

qwerty, SuperTech comes from a variety of distillers depending on the bottle shape. The DUI law went into effect because they found out that people who drive after drinking alcohol drive too fast and have slower reaction times.

Legumes are plants with seeds in pods, such as peas, lentils, peanuts, beans etc but also includes clover and alfalfa.

Potatoes are tubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back