Super Tech #3614 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgin Super Tech 3614 I had laying around so I cut it open. Not too bad looking at all.

2njj6gk.jpg

e04cpk.jpg

r295ax.jpg

2mcwrao.jpg

2b5t9l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Long neck on the end cap so the ABV can open. I have to say to me it looks cheap, and the holes look a little ragged on the center tube. They seem to have gotten pleating evenness down well, unlike some others, Fram and Purolator. I wouldn't be one to use that though. Glad to see this version cut and shown.

Value tier filter at ~$2.85 and as mentioned dome bypass on this one. Looks fine to me.

Construction beats the old ST3614 and STP3614 ecore with combo valve IMO.

Thanks for c&p.

Walmart has two super tech variant ,this version and the combo valve version (the st 6607 2016)has a combo valve, the st 7317 look like this minus the size.
At at less then 3 $ you won't find better .and the fact Walmart got both variant means everybody preference is avail. Witch is a plus in my book

"Filter cutter of legendary status". Nice work!

Never had a problem with any of the budget Wix made filters although I'd not care to run them much more than 5k. JMO. Napa "suggests" their use for traditional 3-4k oil changers.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
"Filter cutter of legendary status". Nice work!

+1

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Never had a problem with any of the budget Wix made filters although I'd not care to run them much more than 5k. JMO. Napa "suggests" their use for traditional 3-4k oil changers.

+1

Car51 - thanks for the cut & posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back