Oil filters suggestions for a 10' Hyundai .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elantra.....with a 7500 mile OCI (our estimate for one year). We'll be using Pennzoil Platinum 5w20.

This vehicle was bought for my granddaughter for $9400, and has 47K on the OD.

She'll be driving it twice a year from Central Oregon (Bend) to SoCal (to attend college)...about an 850 mile one way journey.

Oregoonian you like the Fram Ultra, so go Fram Ultra.

Thinking most any reputable silicone adbv filter including but not limited to Wix/NG should work fine for 7500 miles.

Though not the most efficient many H/K owners like the Hyun/Kia OEM filter too. Built pretty well.

Take your pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fram Tough Guard or OEM. A TG can easily handle that OCI no sense in paying an extra couple dollars for nothing as efficiency is near identical to the Ultra.

OEM works very well but likely is much lower efficiency, it probably doesn't matter much but if you can have higher efficiency for the same money why wouldn't you?

I'll 2nd KCJeeps advice
smile.gif

I have a 2008 Elantra and prefer the OEM filter. They are cheap, even from the dealer. around $6.

Without a doubt , OEM hyundai/kia filter for this car. It is a absolutely fantastic filter. Hyundai/KIA engines simply run better with them as well. If it were my engine I would use 5w-30 , not trying to stir the pot. I work on these engines every day at work and the ones that use 5w-30 simply seem to be the more reliable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back