Microgard 51334 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Memorial Day weekend BITOG.
34.gif

This was ran on a Kubota G1800 diesel for roughly 40 hours with Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck. Note the spring bypass vs. the ADBV/ bypass combo that is normally found on other low tiered WIX filters.

No tears, straight pleats and a soft ADBV.. No complaints whatsoever, but this filter wasn't pushed either.

I am running the same combo on this tractor again. Sadly, the TDT stash is getting dangerously low!

1smkvq.jpg

4jel5.jpg

299288.jpg

Thanks for posting and I have always been happy with my low priced Wix filters.

Nice! My Elantra takes those same filters and they can be hit or miss in my experience, but I'm glad that they are working well for you.

Originally Posted By: mcgophers
Nice! My Elantra takes those same filters and they can be hit or miss in my experience, but I'm glad that they are working well for you.

Hit or miss in what sense?

Hyundai had a TSB for using aftermarket filters on their early 2000 models.

I can't help but wonder if that is the reason WIX used the spring bypass design on this model.

Looks good. And as noted this one uses dome bypass. In the new Super Tech line there is no equivalent size, they skip it and go to what's called the ST9688 which is the same size as the 7317/14610 application. It too though uses a separate dome bypass. However, WM in this area having difficulty keeping the ST9688 in stock.

Thanks for pics.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

I can't help but wonder if that is the reason WIX used the spring bypass design on this model.

I have noticed a few times when using SuperTech or Microgard filters that the engine would run at higher RPMs than if I was using an OEM or Wix-branded filter. It is not currently happening with the ProSelect filter I have on and the effect seems to be almost immediate.

I have noticed a few times when using SuperTech or Microgard filters that the engine would run at higher RPMs than if I was using an OEM or Wix-branded filter. It is not currently happening with the ProSelect filter I have on and the effect seems to be almost immediate.

That is an odd issue indeed.

Doubt that it's oil filter related - how could it?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Doubt that it's oil filter related - how could it?

Maybe it was air filter related? I changed the air filter before the end of my last OCI and while I didn't see an immediate improvement in RPMs, it did lower on the current interval. For what it's worth, the SuperTech 9688 that is rated for this vehicle appears to be noticeably smaller than a Fram 9688 or the equivalent Wix-numbered filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back