Rislone or stp ethanol fuel treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious if anyone has any feedback on rislone ethanol treatment or stp ethanol gas treatment. They both seam to be new products. I seen them for sale on ebay and I may buy some to try out but first I wanted to see if anyone used either.

Originally Posted By: splinter
What conditions, issues and/or symptoms are you attempting to 'treat' with these types of treatments?

Well I'm trying to solve the issue of fuel going bad in my small equipment that sits for months at a time. I have tried startron and stabil and still had clogged up carbs.

Iv'e had good luck using stabil for about 20 years or so and my storage time is usually about 6 months.

You could give PRI fuel stabilizer a try, link below or you might just completely drain the fuel out of the small equipment.

I have not personally tried the PRI, but I would if I had a need for longer storage times.

https://www.amazon.com/PRI-Fuel-Stabiliz...ywords=pri+fuel

P.S.

When you add the stabil, do you allow for a good mix with the fuel and run the small engines so that the additive is well distributed through out the fuel line, carburetor and etc?

Last edited:
Well I usually add the stabil to my empty gas can before I fill it up that way it goes in everything. I even use a little more than what's recommended. My issue is the equiptment I let up at my cabin in the shed. It goes from oct- June with out being used most of the time.

Originally Posted By: Indiana79
Well I usually add the stabil to my empty gas can before I fill it up that way it goes in everything. I even use a little more than what's recommended. My issue is the equiptment I let up at my cabin in the shed. It goes from oct- June with out being used most of the time.

I used to do that. Now what I do is buy gas, and tape a note on a cabinet in my garage with the date I bought the gas on. Every 3 months I add whatever gas was left in the gas can to one of the tanks on my van. Then I refill the gas can with fresh gas and update the note. At the end of the season I add fresh gas with stable and MMO to the OPE, I run the engine to get it warmed up, fog it, and change the oil. That method seems to be working well.

John I may try the pri g you recommended or the crc phase 4 stabilizer I read about online I do appreciate the recommendation. I try to only buy my gas from busy stations anymore to see if that helps. At my house I began starting my equipment more often in the off season but at my cabin I don't get up there enough to do that. I really thought startron was the answer but I guess not. I emailed startron to complain but never received a reply from them.

i am no expert, in fact I came here to learn,

but i did research the ingredients in pri and was impressed with what their sds sheet stated. i also researched those ingredients and found that they are supposed to do what the bottle says it does. so I feel it's worth a try.

any more and to what degree than that and mr. mola or other chemists would need to help.

any chance to get gasoline that is E0 in or about your area?

Last edited:
The closest e0 station is about 25 miles away. I will give the pri g a try. I wish they would come out with little Diesel engines on stuff like snowblowers and lawn mowers we we wouldn't have as many problems but I'm sure they would have there drawbacks too.

best of luck and please post back with your experience on the pri g, it seems like it should do the trick if you don't want to drain fuel and or are able to rotate the ethanol fuel a little more often to keep it from breaking down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back