CARQUEST Filters are now made by Purolator (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shellguy
Relax...dont get hurt by some general conversation....i more or less was saying these guys change contracts so fast its unreal...i understand how things work doesn't mean i like it...all I'm saying.

No one is "hurt" here.
whistle.gif

I just still have a hard time understanding how people on this forum complain (regularly) about companies being "cheap" while these same people are undoubtedly busing buying oil and filters from Walmart and posting to BITOG on smartphones made in Asia by 8 year old slave laborers. Go figure....
crazy.gif

I am not 100% sure but i am pretty sure they are just going to be re boxing the purolator filters for Carquest so the Purolator Red will be Carquest Red and your Purolator One will be the Carquest blue.

It's a pity they are saving pennies to go to these lower efficiency filters when the champ filters were superior. Unfortunately most customers wouldn't care that they are going from 99@ 20 microns to about 99% @ 30 microns for the same price.

Ok, so it's not definitive. What we've got is an anecdote in PNW showing the CQ red made by M&H Puro. And there's information and an anecdote showing the previous Champ/Fram AZ STP to also be M&H Puro made, also in the west. The latter however still showing as Fram/Rank made at least in this area.

Lacking any definitive information, guess it will bear watching to see if all CQ and STP change manufacturers.

And only slightly off topic, have the black can CQ's sold at AAP said to be outsourced because of low volume applications. However as pointed out HERE the very common black can Honda and Toyota applications, still very much look Fram(Champ) made in AAP pics.

Seems some manufacturer confusion about the CQ filter line at this point.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Ok, so it's not definitive. What we've got is an anecdote in PNW showing the CQ red made by M&H Puro. And there's information and an anecdote showing the previous Champ/Fram AZ STP to also be M&H Puro made, also in the west. The latter however still showing as Fram/Rank made at least in this area.

Lacking any definitive information, guess it will bear watching to see if all CQ and STP change manufacturers.

And only slightly off topic, have the black can CQ's sold at AAP said to be outsourced because of low volume applications. However as pointed out HERE the very common black can Honda and Toyota applications, still very much look Fram(Champ) made in AAP pics.

I don't know anything about STP but Motorking already posted about the black CARQUEST filters saying they are outsourced due to low volume.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...lte#Post4109665

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Sayjac

I don't know anything about STP but Motorking already posted about the black CARQUEST filters saying they are "outsourced" due to low volume.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...lte#Post4109665

Yes, same link as I referenced/posted using the underlined word "HERE" in the quoted post.

If one takes the time to read that entire thread there appears to be more than a simple discrepancy in the meaning of "low volume" and being "outsourced." Clearly there are several black can applications noted there that I and apparently at least one other poster would not generally consider to be low volume applications.

Even that aside those CQ black applications, the R84356 and R85358 as noted in that link, clearly look to be Champ/Fram manufactured, not outsourced. Thus the mention of the black CQs and confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back