Used Purolator A14650 Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air filter came out of my 1999 Saturn SL2 - 230K on the car, this filter was put in somewhere between 123K and 160K, so somewhere between 70K and 107K on the filter (sorry I know it's a long window, my records from the time are not that good).

Top:
3162blv.jpg

Bottom:
2ivdysj.jpg

Couple of close up of the pleats on the bottom:
116idxl.jpg

egb71f.jpg

10qlbie.jpg

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
What did you replace it with?

Another A14650, though I have to say after reading the responses I sort of wish I left it in.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
Air filter came out of my 1999 Saturn SL2 - 230K on the car, this filter was put in somewhere between 123K and 160K, so somewhere between 70K and 107K on the filter (sorry I know it's a long window, my records from the time are not that good).

10qlbie.jpg

This last picture showed the dirty side of the filter is very much near full on the pleats. It's passed the time to change.

$10-20 for 70k miles is more than anyone can expect. Many changed their air filter every year or every second year at less than 20-30k miles.

Last edited:
They can and do.

I trust the manuals. Or you could just wait until the engine wont start anymore. That way you can be sure you got your money's worth from the filter and no stealership upsold you on something frivolous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back