Repelling heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems I have started a topic on this subject before, at some point since I've been a member here.

But, I think another quality/trait I am looking for in a wax has came to mind.

One was that it be good smelling and not so hazardous as you will be getting it on your hands (I am all by hand- no orbital or buffers here).

There other is that it releases heat on a hot summer's day. Particularly black paint jobs n horizontal panel at high noon during a cloudless day in June for hours at a time.

It would be pretty neat to look at the paint job while unobstructed by trees or buildings that there is no sensation of the paint curing, burning, or melting........and maybe even feel a few degrees cooler if you were to hold towel over one spot for a few moments.

No wax will repel heat. But a well prepped surface will be glossy and reflect more light which will allow the for a marginally cooler surface and wax will help protect and slightly enhance the gloss.

If you want to wax a black car in a hot climate, best to stick with a synthetic wax/sealant as natural waxes break down in the heat rather quickly. Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish, Meguiars Ultimate, and Finish Kare Hi Temp Wax FK1000 are my go to synthetic waxes.

Last edited:
I use Pinnacle Liquid Souveran which comes from Florida and is formulated for the sunshine and heat. Living in Arizona I only buy white cars, because regardless of whether you wax it or not, a white exterior is going to be cooler than a dark one.

You are seeking unobtanium and with inferior tools.....your hands.
Come into the current world or give up on it.

Finish Kare 1000 holds up best in the heat and humidity.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj6gMCK0IrNAhUFJiYKHZ8lAjkQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2F15oz-Finish-Kare-1000P-Hi-Temp%2Fdp%2FB002NZL6M6&usg=AFQjCNElcClb09TS_GeoPZ5L5sWEwSpw9Q&sig2=pluvrjSQmj5pRVwyeIgSXg&bvm=bv.123664746,d.eWE

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
I mean like putting on heavy lotion before you go to the beach. It may clog the pores and not allow the body to shed heat and you will perhaps feel miserable.

Apples and Orange man. The human body transfers heat much differently than a piece of painted metal. Painted metal does not sweat and use evaporation to cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back