18.14F this morning....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Nissan started easily without glowplugs.

Guess at 13 years old and 87,000 miles it's finally run in.

18.14F? Pretty precise temperature measurement. I'm impressed that it started w/o glowplugs. Must be that 0W20 that you're running.
wink.gif

I'm guessing it's a conversion from C to F. -7.7C is what Google says.

Hasn't got below 2C here yet, and I'm already sick of the cold. And yes, to you guys who live for months on end in the freezing northern winters, I know, I'm a wimp! Good that the mighty Nissan is braving the conditions so well - my Falcon will be up for a battery before winter arrives in earnest.

Yeah, -7.7C...according to the talking heads, coldest May morning since they started doing digital measurements.

Was very happy with the start, it's better than it was last year, thus my "run in" comment.

Below 60-65F is too cold and above 85-90F is too hot. Ideal temperature is between 70F and 80F, you can do almost anything outdoor such as grilling, washing your cars, oil change ...

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
It'll be 113 here next weekend...

Ugh, it was such a cool May. I hope your brother picked up that HCV for his Jeep!

I'm not surprised that it started at that temperature without glowplugs. Often I would simply twist the key when starting a vehicle, then I would hear the sound of a diesel. That was only the case when dealing with a computerized direct injection engine.

Other times, people would fail to tell me I was working with a diesel, and it would be a prechamber diesel. I would turn the key, wait 20 seconds, and think "Time for new spark plugs." Then suddenly I would hear the diesel sound, and be annoyed that I wasn't informed.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
It'll be 113 here next weekend...

Ugh, it was such a cool May. I hope your brother picked up that HCV for his Jeep!
Luckily he has 2 other cars to drive until then lol.

Now they're saying it's gonna be 116

Last week was the first time we went under 20C during the day, and single digits in the morning. But after a late arrival, winter is now here, we might get a frost this week. Not many indirect injection engines will start without glow plugs, most direct injection will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back