Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to go to parties and wouldn't usually but I am obligated somewhat to do so.
The 20-30 somethings out number us 40-50 age blokes
smile.gif

As the booze continues to flow they all become world shockers and if it ever went down they did it or were there...........
Its amusing and sad at the same time.......

A good reason not to drink...... not that I'm upset at those who do but I can imagine if you taped the party and made them watch it- they may end some of the foolishness...

I'd rather have a few drinks is with 3-4 good friends than go to a typical party. I don't drink a lot but when I do I think about each drink and if I start to lose track of what I've had I known to stop. Then you watch the others make fools of themselves!

Good point........ That's the way to be too!

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
I'd rather have a few drinks is with 3-4 good friends than go to a typical party. I don't drink a lot but when I do I think about each drink and if I start to lose track of what I've had I known to stop. Then you watch the others make fools of themselves!

Its been several years since I had a drink and I do not miss it. Better health, save $$ and no worries if I have had too many to drive.

And when I see someone being a jerk who had too much to drink, I think, I was probably that guy a few times.

I gave up feeling "obligated" to attend anything, years ago. As for alcohol, we're idiots enough without fanning the flame.

Well said... lol
I had to haul my parents to these- thus I had to go
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser
I gave up feeling "obligated" to attend anything, years ago. As for alcohol, we're idiots enough without fanning the flame.

Worst is when you are obligated to attend a wedding. I absolutely hate, hate, hate being dragged to a wedding that I don't want to go to.

Funerals I don't mind wife dragging me to attend... LOL
smile.gif

I'm not the type to get angry/overly foolish when I drink so the company I'm in never seems to be an issue.

I find I can easily control my intoxication by how I feel. if I'm not doing well, i usually stop (after 2-3 drinks) as my body can't handle it. I understand I'm a cheap drunk... always have been. I attribute it to an underdeveloped liver since I was born. I think it helps me to actually enjoy the taste of what I'm drinking (no cheap swill here!).

Anytime before that point I'm having a hoot!
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I hate to go to parties and wouldn't usually but I am obligated somewhat to do so.
smile.gif

As the booze continues to flow they all become world shockers and if it ever went down they did it or were there...........

A good reason not to drink...... not that I'm upset at those who do but I can imagine if you taped the party and made them watch it- they may end some of the foolishness...

so you have mixed feelings of not being "fun" anymore? okay, find a new hobby besides drinking.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Worst is when you are obligated to attend a wedding. I absolutely hate, hate, hate being dragged to a wedding that I don't want to go to.

smile.gif

I prefer to avoid both weddings and funerals if I can but at a funeral...there is at least one person that you don't HAVE TO talk to.

I don't drink at all-never did and its a family get together and not a drink fest.
I am the life of the party.... the others need to get blitzed just to have a conversation with anybody.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
smile.gif

so you have mixed feelings of not being "fun" anymore? okay, find a new hobby besides drinking.

lol.......
I dislike funerals but I have learned you need to attend. I usually do just the viewings if possible. If you don't attend you often don't remember these people are gone plus it's a respect thing. That said, I go and make sure the biggest gossips see me there and 5 minutes later I slip out.......

Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

smile.gif

I prefer to avoid both weddings and funerals if I can but at a funeral...there is at least one person that you don't HAVE TO talk to.

I don't drink at all and its a family get together and not a drink fest.
I am the life of the party.... the others need to get blitzed just to have a conversation with anybody.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
smile.gif

usually those types of people have a lot more issues with themselves than drinking. Alcohol just becomes the scapegoat

I see nothing wrong with alcohol. It's the abuse of it that can become an issue (just like any other substance you can over-indulge in).

Parties were great when I was between 16 and 39 years old the drugs alcohol and wild woman [ women are so much more fun when filled with drugs and alcohol ]and you were not made the parties so much fun and entertaining!. Now I am 63 those were the days!

Weddings....since I have no time for the idea of marriage anymore I have no desire to ever go to another....I cannot imagine myself ever again looking at someone and saying "congratulations"....what i'd actually be thinking is "Are you NUTS?!" I cant be fake anymore.

Just my perspective, not looking to start somethin..
smile.gif

If you make the appearance you are done and can move on in 1hr or less. That is what I do at nearly every party with my social anxiety issues.

I appear social and so enjoy the brief time. This goes for family where I have a 2hr limit.

I haven't been invited to a party in several years. I do enjoy drinking at the local bar where they give good pours and a free drink here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back