Margarita with Diet Squirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that its getting hot out I have always liked a good Margarita on the rocks but since I found out a couple years ago I have type 2 diabetes the sugar in either the mix or triple sec is just to much. The other day I seen a recipe for one made with diet squirt so I thought why not and tried it and think it tastes better than a mix, it's more refreshing and not so sweet.

2 oz tequila
4 oz diet squirt
1/2 fresh squeezed lime
pinch margarita salt

Sounds good! Another similar drink I like sometimes, especially in hot weather:

1.5 oz tequila
1.5 oz triple sec
Diet Squirt (to taste)

Yep, I like an ice cold, hand-thrown 'rita myself. Today would be suitable: 91°F, 68% Rh., 126°F Solar Heat Index!

I'd suggest adding a few strips of orange zest to your shaker to add back some of the missing orange flavor. Could also add an oz. or two of orange juice if your diabetes allows it.

Cheers!

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Yep, I like an ice cold, hand-thrown 'rita myself. Today would be suitable: 91°F, 68% Rh., 126°F Solar Heat Index!

I'd suggest adding a few strips of orange zest to your shaker to add back some of the missing orange flavor. Could also add an oz. or two of orange juice if your diabetes allows it.

Cheers!

That's a great idea, I just added oranges to my grocery list. Seems the sugar in fruit isn't so bad for me and doesn't spike my levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back