Front brakes for 1991 GMC Sierra 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to replace pads and rotors on my truck.
Heading across the border to pick up parts in Bellingham WA.
I believe my options there are O'reillys, Autozone and NAPA.
Who has the best selection and price on decent quality brake parts?
I do a fair bit of towing with my truck so I don't want to put some poor quality brakes on it.

I would go with Napa or autozone. The only reason for saying autozone over Orileys is that the life time warranty on the is better.

Is it a four wheel drive? If it is remember to get new studs since you have to remove them to get the rotors off. You might consider new hubs also if it has been a while since they were changed.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
I would go with Napa or autozone. The only reason for saying autozone over Orileys is that the life time warranty on the is better.

Is it a four wheel drive? If it is remember to get new studs since you have to remove them to get the rotors off. You might consider new hubs also if it has been a while since they were changed.

Thanks for that info jhellwig. Yes it is a 4 WD.
Is the Duralast brand from Autozone good?

If you are wanting ceramics, theirs are top notched.

I hear the warranty is good, but I have no experience with them.

I don't understand how a lifetime warranty works in this situation. Brake components wear...

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
If you are wanting ceramics, theirs are top notched.

I hear the warranty is good, but I have no experience with them.

I don't understand how a lifetime warranty works in this situation. Brake components wear...

The guys at autozone say their warranty covers wear. Orileys only cover defects or if the crack.

Ive used duralast(regular duralast,not the gold) for years and everytime my pads have worn down i walk in there with them and they give me new ones no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back