Arthritic joints

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the best over-the-counter medicine for arthritic joint inflammation? A response from actual users would be preferred. Thank you.. Ed

Pills of Condrohitin with Glucosamine, easy to find. I've used with great results.

LIKE this

https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A3764441%2Ck%3AB00C0UKA62%7CB00FQKI3W6%7CB00STSUPCS,ssx%3Arelevance&sort=featured-rank

Last edited:
I use Tylenol(Acetaminophen) extra strength gelcap. It worked very well for me, 1 gelcap would eliminate the pain within 15-30 minutes.

Try some Turmeric.

http://www.amazon.com/TURMERIC-CURCUMIN-Bioperine%C3%82%C2%AE-Antioxidant-Curcuminoids/dp/B01BFBPW1Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464403277&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=turmeric+curcumin+supplement&psc=1

I use aspirin for my knee. (And with another med for migraines).
There is a higher incidence of GI issues with aspirin, but it works for me. For my left arm lateral epicondylitis, i have used naprosyn.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Try some Turmeric.

http://www.amazon.com/TURMERIC-CURCUMIN-Bioperine%C3%82%C2%AE-Antioxidant-Curcuminoids/dp/B01BFBPW1Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464403277&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=turmeric+curcumin+supplement&psc=1

Bone Broth

http://draxe.com/the-healing-power-of-bone-broth-for-digestion-arthritis-and-cellulite/

Very easy to use in places where you'd use water in recipes (cooking rice, quinoa, making soups etc.).

Far healthier than pills, much easier to absorb, and several longer lasting benefits.

I've had arthritis in my ankles since my early 20s. Oddly enough, the folk remedy of a teaspoon of white apple cider vinegar a day works wonders.

I also take aspirin regularly; I get the coated tablets so my stomach doesn't get bothered.

Lastly, whatever joint you have - move it. I do ankle circles every night before going to sleep, at least 25 in each direction and up/down the same. Same before getting up in the morning. Studies have shown that most arthritic joints benefit from gentle motion, even though it may hurt at first.

From good to best.
Ibuprofen , ie motrin
Naproxen Ie a level Mido
prednisone, the good stuff

Quote:
Wellesse® Joint Movement Glucosamine®, 33.8 Ounces

Some people swear by that stuff; I haven't tried it myself though. They got it at Costco.

Have arthritis in both ankles knees shoulders hips hands fingers, best thing I found to use is Krill Oil tablets. A few days of taking them and most of the pain is tolerable.

I use oil of oregano on hands and feet. I put 6 drops of oil of oregano and mix with 2 oz of olive oil and rub on fingers and knees for pain relief. Do not get on eyes or other sensitive areas,lol.

google it first for your own info....the above works for me, but my arthritis is not so bad that I need aspirins to kill the pain,,,yet. Being 70 yrs young, I am blessed with reasonable good health.

Here's a quick primer:

NSAIDS (Aspirin, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Celebrex, basically everything except tylenol) all work about just as well, but aspirin is the least well tolerated for long periods.

NSAIDS will reduce pain and swellings. They will not prevent joint damage from arthritis! You're joints might feel better but are being eaten up still.

Tylenol is not an NSAID. But it will reduce pain. It also does not protect joints from degeneration.

DMARDS (Disease modifying anti rheumatoid drugs) like MTX help damp down the auto immune problem, but will also not preserve joints and are very harsh. MTX requires routine liver biopsies. Serious med.

Biologics improve joint function, reduce pain, and are the only drugs that stop the joint from further deterioration. They also have very few day-to-day side effects. There are some potential serious long term side effects but they are very very rare.

I have taken a biologic for the past 10 years. It's the closest thing to a cure that exists today.

Unfortunately they can be very expensive depending on quite a few variables.

WOW. Thank you so much. At 78 years old, I have one shoulder and one hip completely replaced and am trying to stav-off more surgery. I still do my own oil/filter changes and most home repairs, not on the roof.:)). This group has given me quite a few remedies to try. Thanks again.. Ed Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back