Best Walmart stocked wiper blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most popular wiper blades? Something I can walk into Walmart and buy. I want some that won't squeak. What causes squeaky wiper blades anyway?

Until a few months ago, ST wipers were reboxed Anco 31-series made in Mexico. But the new Supertech wipers are low quality and made in China, as Walmart recently switched suppliers, now being made by Rally Manufacturing (they make cheap low-quality, high-profit-margin automotive [censored]).

The new Chinese ST's have the size in a green box. The old Anco-made ST's have the size label in orange.

Walmart's choices aren't great, but I'd probably buy Trico if WM was my only option.

What about most obscure? I'm currently running Rain-X Expert Fit beam style wiper blades on my 02 Silverado. Currently have them on for 6 months where the truck mostly sits under the sun and I don't do anything to them. Still no issues with squeaking and still wipes perfectly. They only sell them at Walmart so they are not available everywhere.

Most popular wiper blades will get you typical answers for popular brand xyz.

Check out rockauto. They always seem to have a bunch of wiper blades on clearance. I got a few sets for around $3 each and they normally retail for around $15-$20 each. They've been great. The shipping isn't really worth it if you just get one set, but if you get 3 sets or more it's not bad.

Sounds like you guys have different blades at Walmart than we do in Canada.

I personally like traditional blades with a metal frame. They can adapt to the curvature of the winshield much better than the "fancy" plastic blades.

I know the OP said Walmart, but I had good results with the Goodyear Hybrid from Costco at $5 each.

Worked better than Anco 31 especially at higher speeds.

recently has the plastic end piece go missing on a supertech blade. returned for credit with receipts; less than 30 days old.

Originally Posted By: 97prizm
I like the Michelin Blades, but haven't tried the stealth version.

Me too.
I am always looking for a good deal online for wiper blades, but when I am in need of wiper blades now, I always get the regular Michelin blades at Walmart. They are around $6 each and last me at least a year and work very well for rain. No idea on snow, don't have that down here.

I currently have some Valvoline blades I got on clearance from Sears a few years ago. They have worked well for me, but are about due for replacement (I got 4 Silver blades for my truck, on second set, Gold blades for wifes car, and those are just now starting to streak). I have a pair of the Michelin Stealth to put on my wifes care now (Amazon deal, I think it was 2 for $20). Next time I am at Walmart I will grab a set of the regular Michelin blades for the truck.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Until a few months ago, ST wipers were reboxed Anco 31-series made in Mexico. But the new Supertech wipers are low quality and made in China, as Walmart recently switched suppliers, now being made by Rally Manufacturing (they make cheap low-quality, high-profit-margin automotive [censored]).

The new Chinese ST's have the size in a green box. The old Anco-made ST's have the size label in orange.

Walmart's choices aren't great, but I'd probably buy Trico if WM was my only option.

Did not know this. I bought a set for my Volvo about six months ago that were over half price off, and they were the Anco 31 blades. Those are still doing fine. Guess I will try the Michelin next round.

Do you know how (bad) people have swapped out expensive oil filters with the packaging for the cheap ones?

I have run into worse problems with wiper blades. Sometimes even used blades.

When I am at Walmart, I buy the ones that have the toughest to open packaging.

skip walmart and buy the closeouts on rockauto. Between the blades and shipping you can buy a better quality wiper for less than what Walmart offers.

After having been disappointed with any windshield wiper blade I put on a car, I stumbled across Rain X and now that brand is the only kind I put on. Love the way the rubber adjusts to the windshield.

Not saying that they are the only good ones, but at least I know I will get my money's worth. My last pack of Rain X I did find at Walmart. Their site has a car selector so you know you will get the proper length.

I buy super tech and change 2-3 times a year. They cost half of next nearest one. Personally I think majority of wipers degrade in performance no matter what you spend in 3-4 months. So buy cheap change often.

My conditions are New England which has lots of rough weather on them.

On my Acura I tried an aftermarket wiper blade and it caused skipping and other issues. I reverted to the $5 Honda refill made in Japan and they are amazing quality. Your oem wiper is likely long gone but refills in my experience from dealer work the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back