beef short ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We buy our beef by the quarter from an area farmer. We have never found a recipe that we really like for the short ribs. Suggestions appreciated!

Well I use a mix of organic brown sugar, cinnamon sugar, Soul seasoning, Blackened Cajun seasoning, ground pepper. Put the mix of these ingredients on for a dry rub. I cook it indirect heat with charcoal and hickory wood chunks for anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours depending upon how thick they are. Usually takes an average of 2 hours. My temperature inside my grill is averaging 300-325°F. Now, you could really slow it down to 225-250°F if you wanted to. I've cooked my beef short ribs this way and temps MANY times... Say like 40 plus times or more in the last 3 years. They have turned out very good to extremely good. They have the consistancy of sirlion steaks with a whole lot more flavor. My local grocery store Food Lion used to have 2 racks of beef short ribs for $13-14. A real good deal. Dumb place stopped carrying them 9 months ago...

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Wife does them low and slow like a pot roast. Tender and tasty.

This but braise them first. When there about 15-20 minutes from being done take your favorite BBQ sauce and give them a light coat and finish cooking.

I have a Staub dutch oven that works great for meat that should be cooked slow.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
You could do them Korean style.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/96698/kalbi-korean-bbq-short-ribs/

That is the typical way that we eat beef spares. I use equal parts white sugar, Aloha brand shoyu (soy sauce), and Italian dressing (typically oil, vinegar, and spices if no shortcut bottle on hand) for the marinade. Marinate over night, grill them hot and fast and enjoy.

They are good braised, too. I prefer the sliced and grilled Korean style.

I like that Korean recipe, you could try a steak sauce and a rub like dales
I put ribs in a foil and then put in rub and steak sauce and wrap it up in foil and then grill in low for 2 hours.

just typing this stuff is making my mouth water.
have to head to Costco in the morning.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Good luck, it seems many restaurants use the other kind of meat for their house ribs.

LOL...tofu ?

If he didn't mean for the pigs to be eaten, he wouldn't have made them out of meat, would he ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back