Equipment/Calibration Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looking for a piece of software that could be used to track our test equipment (5000 pieces of equipment) for calibration due purposes. We had been using a SharePoint list on our intranet, but it is just too clumsy with this quantity.

Anyone use something like this that they could recommend? Cost would certainly be important.

Would need to be able to have attachments, like cal certs and other records.

It would also need to import a CSV or XLSX file for the initial upload.

Might have to establish a budget. You can always buy something, or attempt to write it in-house. Or sub-con.

I've never looked in MRP/ERP systems, but I wonder if they have hooks for that already. If you are part of a larger business and already have such a system, I'd look there and see if there is a plugin that does what you need.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
I looking for a piece of software that could be used to track our test equipment (5000 pieces of equipment) for calibration due purposes. We had been using a SharePoint list on our intranet, but it is just too clumsy with this quantity.

Anyone use something like this that they could recommend? Cost would certainly be important.

Would need to be able to have attachments, like cal certs and other records.

gagetrack may be one. i think they are based in CT or MA (support is US based).
use the sql based installation

but if i where you, i would see which are the most devices you have, then call the local salesperson and see their preferred software/vendor.

Thanks for the input. I just learned of another element that needs to be handled with whatever method we move to as apparently a lot of stuff links in the the current database. Might be a much larger project than I was originally thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back