Leased 2013 Ford Suv With19,882 Miles Original Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in my friends 2013 leased Ford explorer with just under 20,000 miles on it. Runs and looks good. I asked him if he takes advantage of the cheap oil change coupons from his dealer.. His said to me he never changed the oil, Ever! He said it was a lease and he is spending to much money already and with his last lease the dealer changed his oil once for the $22.00 oil change and then ripped him off on something else so he will never go back there again..I told him he should go somewhere and change his oil before there is a problem that won't be covered. He says he will go to Jiffy lube before he turns it in.. Wow at least be a nice guy and think about the next owner.Oh Boy!

haha it wont make it to the turn in.. that's a turbo right?

so basically the thinking is?
They screwd me on 20$. Now I'll self screw on for 10k for an engine.

My brother, period....
If i dont, he wont. His last astro, 100k, i may have used a half dozen filters. And yes one per oil service, 15k was the shortest. No special oil, cheap it got.
Ran like a top at 280k til the tree.

I do not understand some do we call them people.

Harvey

Originally Posted By: JR
My brother, period....
If i dont, he wont. His last astro, 100k, i may have used a half dozen filters. And yes one per oil service, 15k was the shortest. No special oil, cheap it got.
Ran like a top at 280k til the tree.

I do not understand some do we call them people.

Harvey

Sounds like it was a good OCI for the car.

Originally Posted By: guitarandoil67
someone who is prob on a budget will buy this lease turn in trying to save money and is in for a sad surprise

They can come here and ask about the best cleaning oil.

That's why I used to laugh every time someone came into the dealership looking for a lease return. Typically leased cars get the bare minimum service, if that. 20K OCI's or more were not uncommon. Many lease owners have the "it's not my car" attitude. I pass on lease returns if I'm in the market for a used car.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I was in my friends 2013 leased Ford explorer with just under 20,000 miles on it. Runs and looks good. I asked him if he takes advantage of the cheap oil change coupons from his dealer.. His said to me he never changed the oil, Ever! He said it was a lease and he is spending to much money already and with his last lease the dealer changed his oil once for the $22.00 oil change and then ripped him off on something else so he will never go back there again..I told him he should go somewhere and change his oil before there is a problem that won't be covered. He says he will go to Jiffy lube before he turns it in.. Wow at least be a nice guy and think about the next owner.Oh Boy!

I guess that's not surprising from someone foolish enough to get suckered into leasing.

I doubt he's even checked the oil level. So easy just to top it off and keep it from running out of oil. I'm sure in the lease agreement it states that he's required to do basic maintenance on it. Just like it needs to be insured.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
That's not cheap, its stupid. I hope they ask him for service records!
There is a great story about a Lexis leasee who suddenly realized he needed oil change receipts at turn in or he would be subject to a penalty. He got a friend who ran a shop to make them up for him. The shop owner, not being a Rhodes Scholar, used receipts numbered in sequence which the cleaver leasee didn't notice. The lease company did. In the words of the "Bug" in men in Black....."Oh you IDIOT".

Last edited:
If he treats his possessions this way, makes me wonder how he treats his friends/family...

12.gif

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Originally Posted By: guitarandoil67
someone who is prob on a budget will buy this lease turn in trying to save money and is in for a sad surprise

They can come here and ask about the best cleaning oil.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! priceless!

I think this is why Toyota and some other manufacturers offer free maintenance for the first few years. One nice thing about Carfax is it shows when some shops/dealers do maintenance on them. It's not foolproof but it does probably help.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I think this is why Toyota and some other manufacturers offer free maintenance for the first few years. One nice thing about Carfax is it shows when some shops/dealers do maintenance on them. It's not foolproof but it does probably help.

Indeed. It's a great strategy, for purchase or lease. Get the first 2-3 years with "free" service, all the while with person coming into the dealership on a regular basis. With high hopes they will be a repeat customer and will trade-in. Then, flip the "well maintained" car for premium money since the infallible Carfax says so.

You'd hope a dealership would take care of cars properly just because, but now if they saw these vehicles (particularly the leases) as really their own property, just rented out for a bit, perhaps they will be more inclined to take care of them better. Even for a simple oil change. ["Put that new kid who's an idiot on oil changes on the new cars? No way! I can't afford to have a repair show up on the CarFax!"]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back