Brake rotors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings BITOG

Anyone have any rotor recommendations? With prices ranging from $15-$60, it's hard to make up ones mind.

Ive always bought advance auto Wearever rotors. Using the online discount makes them very affordable. I also ran autozone'valucraft' rotors on my miata for 20k miles(and tons of track days) and they were fine too when i sold the car.

Imo any rotors and pads will do for regular DD use.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
What vehicle??

Just in general.
The Jeep and Volvo both need them.

Last edited:
For the Audi, get Zimmerman coated from rmeuropean (worldpac reseller).
For the Jeep, get Centric Premium (120 series) or Centric High Carbon (125 series) from Rockauto.

My first choice is always a good stock-size 2-piece rotor. It's usually expensive, but it's lighter than stock and should extend the life of the wheel bearings by keeping heat out of them.

Second choice would be OE -- IF it's vented and decent quality.

Third choice (or second if OE sucks) would be Brembo.

I ended up with Centric 125 series on the front of my Volvo because RockAuto had a Centric front brake kit on sale. Had no idea that the 125 series had been cryoed. Anyway, it was between Raybestos and Centric 120 series until I found the Centric front brake kit, so that's what I rolled with.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
For the Jeep, get Centric Premium (120 series) or Centric High Carbon (125 series) from Rockauto.

Why do you recommend the Zimmerman over the Centric for the Audi?

Originally Posted By: Gradient

Zimmerman, ATE, EBC, Brembo.
I put Brembo on Tiguan and the were Made in Italy.
All ATE I bought in the U.S. so far were made in Germany.

Originally Posted By: Gradient

I much prefer the geomet coated rotors. I also find the fit/finish to be a bit better on the Zimmerman rotors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back