Tire Suggestions - 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Looking for new tires for my grandmother's 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. This weekend is Discount Tire's Memorial Day Sale. It gets maybe 7-10k miles a year on it but would still like a tire with a somewhat decent tread life.

What suggestions do you guys have for tires for it? No Michelins (sorry).

225/65-17, right?

Which Yoko? The Avid Ascend?

Nothing wrong with Yokohama, but here are some other good suggestions:
Dunlop Signature II
Falken Ziex ZE950
Falken Pro G4
General Grabber HTS
Cooper Discoverer HTP
Nitto NT421Q
General Altimax RT43
Cooper CS5 Ultra

RT43's. Better in snow. Top of your list for needs, no?

j/k

Seems early for tires? Regardless, seems CS5's get the nod around here for their rain traction, over the otherwise well regarded RT43's.

I have the Falken Pro G4 tires on my T-Rex and they are a very good tire, so much so that I am going to be putting them on the Ody in a couple of months when previously I had been 100% committed to fitting Continental LX20s on the van. Plus they are always in stock at my local DT and the price cannot be ignored.

I know you won't need it, but they have pretty good snow traction for what they are - a budget tire.

Last June I got a set of Continental control contact tires for my 2013 Dodge GT from DT. Have about 14k on them right now. Great tires. Very pleased. I highly recommend them.

I had Yoko Ascend's on my previous Grand Caravan- excellent tire all around.
Currently running Falken G4's on the Mazda CX-9 and those are just as great.
No complaints about either tire

Go with the best deal for this weekend and you'll be happy.

Originally Posted By: supton
RT43's. Better in snow. Top of your list for needs, no?

j/k

Seems early for tires? Regardless, seems CS5's get the nod around here for their rain traction, over the otherwise well regarded RT43's.
Yeah it's a little early for tires, but she just wants to start fresh and have a good set of tires. Plus I can sell the old ones on Craigslist and with the rebates, a new set won't cost much.

I just put Pirelli P7 cinturatto on my Odyssey and like them a lot. There's also a $60 mail in rebate which might be going on still.

Make sure you buy from a local place that stands behind their tires. Whatever brand you choose.

I'm still drawn between the RT43s and the CS5s. With the RT43s I get 2 options. T&H speed rating. The T is 75k mile tread wear warranty while the H is 65k miles.

Which do I go with? The 75k mile might be good for a big heavy van. Not sure.

Whatever I decide on I'll order tomorrow on DTD.

Go with the CS5 since your grandma won't need snow and ice traction. You already have the other tire so you can kind of compare them both.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Go with the CS5 since your grandma won't need snow and ice traction. You already have the other tire so you can kind of compare them both.
That's what I was thinking, but I'm happy with the RT43s on my Camry and the RT43s on my mom's Jeep Patriot.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Thanks for the help guys. Ordered the CS5 Ultras

Good looking tires.. Please keep us updated on them. My Conti's will last me for 5+ years, who knows what will be available in 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back