Valvoline Maxlife ATF & Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to get a quart of Maxlife Synthetic ATF at Walmart and there was not even an empty space for it. I'm seeing more and more items I used to purchase there no longer available. Been buying Gillette Twin-Trac blades there for years. No longer stocked. Not only that, Walmart is not stocking any of the Twin-Trac clones.I guess I'll purchase a big supply of razor blades on the internet and hope I don't receive pirated [censored] from China.

What is on the shelf is due to seasonal stocking and demand in a particular area.

Our Local WM carries all Valvoline products and sometimes you see the shelves fully stocked and other times certain product areas are bare and are awaiting restocking.

Razor blades have no relevancy here.

I suggest if you have a nit too pick with WM or any retail outlet you express your concerns to Management.

I have noticed around here that the only wal-marts that stock the Maxlife ATF are the ones that have a Automotive and tire center.

Got other Walmarts to go into? I've noticed subtle stock differences too in the three that I go into. I suspect all three are closer now, now that the non-super store just got replaced.

Sometimes you just have to stock up ahead of time.

Originally Posted By: supton
Got other Walmarts to go into? I've noticed subtle stock differences too in the three that I go into. I suspect all three are closer now, now that the non-super store just got replaced.

Sometimes you just have to stock up ahead of time.

Very true observation.

Also.. Keep in mind that sometimes, you don't or won't see it on the shelf because someone such as myself MAY come in, and either stocking up for a big project or just stocking up just because, may buy all on the shelf.

Maxlife always seems a slightly better fluid than the Supertech stuff, just does cost more and becomes an issue of to spend the extra money.. Or not.

I've noticed, in general, Wal-Mart is often out of product I know they stock. Some of my trips yield only half the product I went in to purchase. I don't know if it's only the local store, but with UPC and automated scanning technology at the register, I would expect a store to keep tabs on which stock is getting low and order beforehand to prevent empty stock. Somebody isn't managing the store properly.

I've got about 3 Walmarts within the same driving distance here. One of them only has Castrol ATF, the other has Castrol and Valvoline ATF (but not the MaxLife 1 gallon jug), and the other only has Valvoline ATF and my beloved MaxLife in the 1 gallon jug. Don't understand???????? But when I need MaxLife, I head to the one that has it in stock.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I've noticed, in general, Wal-Mart is often out of product I know they stock. Some of my trips yield only half the product I went in to purchase. I don't know if it's only the local store, but with UPC and automated scanning technology at the register, I would expect a store to keep tabs on which stock is getting low and order beforehand to prevent empty stock. Somebody isn't managing the store properly.

One. more. time.
wink.gif

When purchasing in quantities like this, order online & pick-up at your local store; only a limited amount of their in-stock inventory is going to be on the shelf, and finding an associate who's willing and able to retrieve what you want is often an inordinate waste of time and effort.

Seriously though folks, what's your time worth? It's so easy to do this, go to the customer service desk, have the items you want already pulled, and get out of there in just a few minutes.

P.S. - There's no additional cost for this service, and on multiple occasions, I've actually paid less as the website price is lower than what's on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: Kestas

Sometimes they don't have enough stock clerks scheduled to stock the shelves. Merchandise sits on a pallet in backroom.

There was an article on out of stock Walmart shelves about 2 years ago. Food items were a priority for the stores not automotive section.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Been buying Gillette Twin-Trac blades there for years.

Invest in a good quality old fashioned safety razor and get a 100 pack of replacement blades on amazon for under $10.

Not only does it shave better, it doesn't get clogged up after a few days.

I got sick of the modern razor racket and will never go back.

I find it strange that they will allocate the labor for associates to pull stock from the shelves and put them on hold, yet not allocate the labor to properly stock the shelves in the first place.

My local Wally's has The. Worst. Oil. Section. Ever. Limited selection and frequently out of stock on many items. Been that way for years. Oil is about the only thing I buy at Wally's, so it may not even be worth it to go there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back