What polish/wax to apply before Collinite 845

Status
Not open for further replies.
After washing and clay, I'd polish it to get the paint clean and prepped. After that you can either layer it, or apply 476, then top it with the 845.

Too late to edit. By layering it I mean apply two coats a day apart. Or apply 476, then 845 the next day. IMO the 476/845 combo lasts a little longer.

I bought this Collinite 845 after every one raved about it. Put it on my 69 Judge and it was a b*tch to get off. No more. Ill stick with the best Meguiers ultimate wax.

If it was tough to remove then you used far too much during the application. It should be such a light coat that it is difficult to see.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
If it was tough to remove then you used far too much during the application. It should be such a light coat that it is difficult to see.

Yes as i found out. No thanks

I have clayed the car and used different polishes with Collinite, over time, and saw no issues with any polishes.

I like Meguiar’s #7 Show Car Glaze.

I used Chemical Guys acrylic glaze and got a very long lasting result when followed by Collinite 476. Of course paint was in good condition to begin. I think it gave the Collinite good purchase (grip).

I have to think there's glaze as in doughnut glaze and glaze that is more like primer for the wax/sealant. The CG acrylic product is the latter.

I wouldn't bother using 476 and the liquid Collinite together. Supposedly they are the same product with different solvent levels.

I wouldn't wax before applying the sealant. That would just make it harder for the sealant to stick wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back