3D printed plastic lower receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really cool video
smile.gif

Very cool, but if you prefer paper-free, look into the 80% lowers.
smile.gif

Generally, the 80% is still the same price as say an Anderson, but if you know someone with a mill..

Perfectly legal where I come from as long as you own the part for life. Not sure on Kali-forny though.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Not sure on Kali-forny though.

I got two clear headed sensible states nearby: Arizona and Utah ... very tempting.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Did you just discover guns or is the the obsession of the week?

Wondering the same. LOL.

Why is that any of your business, jack?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Why is that any of your business, jack?

3 posts about evil black rifles that have nothing to do with "lubes, cleaners, & maintenance", posted on an oil forum, bubba.

I imagine a 3D printed lower would not live too long as we all have seen polymer lowers fail in the past from firms such as Bushmaster that were crafted from stronger materials.

Originally Posted By: Doog
No tupperware 4 me

I've had an older Lake Havasu City Bushmaster Carbon 15 Model 21S Pistol since 2005 now. Or rather my wife has. She loves the thing. I was a bit leery to buy it, but I must say the thing runs like a scalded dog. Rarely a FTF or FTE. I do keep it clean and well lubed. It's had several thousand rounds through it in the last 10+ years. So I can't complain about quality or durability. That said, I doubt I would buy another.

I like metal AR's. I can tolerate Glock's, and have 6 of them. But I don't put Polymer or carbon AR's into the same category as the new wave of Polymer handguns. There seems to be a market for Polymer AR's, because they just keep producing them. I just don't see much if any advantage. Especially in a rifle. I think the draw with these "printed" guns isn't the material. It's the idea of making something "they" don't know you have. I don't worry about such things. I guess it's because I've watched people chase government ghosts for far too long.

If the section of the AR lower where the buffer tube screws in fails...the bolt can travel completely backwards and fly out and if you have that thing up to your cheek you may just get a face full of BCG....
shocked2.gif

No thanks...If I want a DIY AR Lower I'll get a forged aluminum one and hog it out on a drill press.

Complete setup here: http://daytonatactical.com/

Last edited:

The guy lives in California....the mere thought of having a gun without a serial number and Diane Frankenstein, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer and Jerry Brown and all of the other muffin heads spitting fire at you is probably causing him to hallucinate...
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back