Fram Ultra XG10060 Cutaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,
Just changed the filter on my 2010 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2.4L after installing it the beginning of September.I changed the oil twice during this time period using Pennzoil Platinum 5w20, which I've used since I bought my car 4 years ago. These may not be the best pics, but let me know what you think. The filter has just shy of 14,000 miles on it with no tears anywhere that I could find.

IMG_1585_zpspikoekzg.jpg
IMG_1587_zpsrbxoipzh.jpg

IMG_1589_zpsdomauq3p.jpg
IMG_1586_zpsh9pdlvgr.jpg

L8R,
Matt

Thanks. First time for extended OCI and using the same filter. I usually would run a Wix filter and change both around 5000 miles.

L8R,
Matt

Thank you for posting this ... filter looks great
smile.gif

Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Castrol GTX Conventional 5W-30
FRAM Tough Guard Oil Filter #TG3614
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

The orange seal was still soft and pliable with no splits. I could have let the filter cartridge drain a little longer for a better pic, but like I said, I checked all the pleats and there weren't any tears. One thing though, the pleats on each side of the seam had larger gaps than the rest.

L8R,
Matt

The filter looks great, but what more importance seeing condition of the filter after 14k miles is the condition of the engine, I can say that your engine is in great condition too.

Not doing too bad with 133,728 miles on it as of yesterday's oil change. Engine is still running smooth with no knocking, rattling, or any other issues.

L8R,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back